Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,424,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
There seems to be a wide variance in gas prices all over Southern California. At a Shell station near me, regular is $3.59 9/10, and has been for a few days. However, the extortionist at the 76 station right off the freeway nearby is selling regular at $3.68 9/10 (down from $3.73 9/10 just last night - whoopee! ). The cheapest I've found is $3.51 9/10 at an ARCO station.

I tend to be the nut who checks out gas prices online & then arranges my errands & such around getting to the gas station with the lowest prices! I know it's crazy because of what I may sometimes be paying to get to the cheaper station - but I feel better & rationalize it by running errands at the same time! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
I would love to get a Vespa but the wife says no way. I've been wasting so much gas for the past 2 years. I live and work in Woodland Hills but still drive the SUV to work in the mornings, drive home for lunch, drive back to work, then drive home again at the end of the day. Think I'll just start running or cycling to work every day. Its only about 1.5 miles each way.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
There seems to be a wide variance in gas prices all over Southern California. At a Shell station near me, regular is $3.59 9/10, and has been for a few days. However, the extortionist at the 76 station right off the freeway nearby is selling regular at $3.68 9/10 (down from $3.73 9/10 just last night - whoopee! ). The cheapest I've found is $3.51 9/10 at an ARCO station.
Gotta swing by Calabasas Commons on my way home and will check out the prices at the Chevron on Park Granada. They are always the highest in the city and Im sure they will be over $4.00 for premium.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:46 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,203,668 times
dude, really? 1.5 miles in your suv? the bicycle would be your best bet, because your office is so close that you probably wouldn't even break a sweat before getting to work. also, why don't you just bring your lunch with you to work to avoid that lunch time commute?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I would love to get a Vespa but the wife says no way. I've been wasting so much gas for the past 2 years. I live and work in Woodland Hills but still drive the SUV to work in the mornings, drive home for lunch, drive back to work, then drive home again at the end of the day. Think I'll just start running or cycling to work every day. Its only about 1.5 miles each way.

It's you darn SUV drivers that make me SCURRED to drive a small economy vehicle! Just the thought of being hit in an accident by one of those monstrosities S C A R E S me to pieces! See, if all of y'all would downgrade your freakmobiles & invest in something more economical - we'd all be safer on the streets... deal?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
dude, really? 1.5 miles in your suv? the bicycle would be your best bet, because your office is so close that you probably wouldn't even break a sweat before getting to work. also, why don't you just bring your lunch with you to work to avoid that lunch time commute?
I know, Im bad. The thing is, my 120lb dog has gotten used to being let out in the backyard around 12:30 every day. If I dont let her out, then Mrs. DaBeez will have both of our heads. A Vespa would be great. I can ride over to Equinox for lunch to workout, then home to let the dog out, and back to work in no time. If only she'd let me get a Vespa.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,755,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
It's you darn SUV drivers that make me SCURRED to drive a small economy vehicle! Just the thought of being hit in an accident by one of those monstrosities S C A R E S me to pieces! See, if all of y'all would downgrade your freakmobiles & invest in something more economical - we'd all be safer on the streets... deal?
Larry David's ex-wife...is that you?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:02 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,203,668 times
by the time you get the scooter started and warmed up and your helmet and gloves on, you could be halfway home or to the gym. Since wifey says no to the scoot, you should seriously start riding the bike. not only is it great excercise, its so convenienct in LA with our great weather. i know the valley is much more hot than this side of the hill, but 1.5 miles seriously takes about 5 minutes on a bicycle.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Larry David's ex-wife...is that you?
I'm sure that's a joke I "should" immediately "get" - but, alas, I haven't a clue! Does this Larry David have lots of money & no pre-nup? If so, then YES, I am his ex-wife & I want my share! lol

Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Gotta swing by Calabasas Commons on my way home and will check out the prices at the Chevron on Park Granada. They are always the highest in the city and Im sure they will be over $4.00 for premium.

That guy on Calabasas Road and Parkway Calabasas was $3.99 years ago. I couldn't believe it. Everyone else was like $3.19 or something and this guy practically painted $3.99 for his hi test gas. I guess the folks rolling down PC to the freeway onramp just didn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles