Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 12:07 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
homeless started a 10 acre brush fire yesterday in sepulveda. This time didn't burn anybodys house down but did take a full firefighters response.

yea I saw that on the news. That's one way to get them out of the area. .... Let them shoot themselves in the foot. We just have to hope they don't start a massive fire like what we had last summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 03:02 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
It looks like the fire was adjacent to Woodley Park, possibly in the protected area.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:45 PM

Default Playa Del Rey has become a homeless disaster

Quote:
Listener Andrew sent us these pictures of multiple people living in their RV's in his hometown of Playa Del Rey.

This is a note from Andrew, "I pay $20k a year in property taxes and these are my neighbors. Two of these RVs are directly adjacent to schools - illegal but not enforced.

Making matters worse... this is minutes from the beach.

So sad.
https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured...less-disaster/

This is why so many of us are frustrated -- this guy pays a significant property tax to live in a nice area, and yet these inconsiderate cretins simply move in and instantly become his neighbors. And who knows anything about these vagabonds who are not stakeholders in the neighborhood -- they can commit crimes against the locals, then simply drive away before the police can respond.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:48 PM

1,210 posts, read 889,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
This is why so many of us are frustrated
Honest question: Why don't you move away from the vagrants? Chances are, the problem won't go away soon and their presence is ruining your quality of life making you (and just about everyone else around vagrants) depressed, miserable, and angry. You could move to another part of SoCal where there are no vagrants.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Honest question: Why don't you move away from the vagrants?
I like your sense of irony...

Old 07-31-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I like your sense of irony...
I don't get it....

Old 08-01-2019, 04:12 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Lol at this story , wow

Garcetti thinks he is “magical” in being able to help with the homeless problem .Self deluded and self important out of touch elitist .

—-
On Tuesday, a KPCC report revealed that a staffer from Mayor Eric Garcetti’s office called for the disposal of a homeless woman’s belongings just hours after the Mayor took a PR trip to the encampment where she lived with a journalist.

“One of the things that’s kind of magical as Mayor is that sometimes I can make the difference of whether somebody will say, ‘Today is the day, I’ll actually come off the streets,’” Garcetti told KPCC housing reporter Matt Tinoco.”

After Mayor Garcetti’s PR Visit with a Homeless Woman, the City Threw Out Her Stuff
https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/...ss-encampment/

Old 08-01-2019, 02:39 PM

I wonder if he can cast restoration spells to bring back the people who have been stabbed, pushed into oncoming traffic, etc. by the street crazies.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:52 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
"With tens of thousands of homeless people living on the streets, Los Angeles officials have increasingly found themselves as the subject of criticism for what many Angelenos see as a failure to keep up with a problem that seems to be getting worse.

But across the country, L.A. isn’t considered to be a failure. To the contrary, at last week’s National Conference on Ending Homelessness in Washington, D.C., attendees repeatedly held up both the city, the county and the state as models of political will for getting people into housing."

California has the most homeless people of any state. But L.A. is still a national model:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...del-conference

Old 08-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Get tough or accept vagrants. Nobody will get tough so you'll continue to put up with vagrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles