Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:43 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I'm not sure what you are getting at. The Chargers should change their name to be accepted in LA or that SD should get an expansion team with a new name?
What I was getting at is that people of a city can adapt to a change in their home team over time...I think it's natural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarcia879 View Post
To the people of LA: be happy, your Chargers are playoff bound
Now that's the spirit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 12:14 PM

6,356 posts, read 7,764,876 times
Long live Air Coryell.

Forever a Charger fan, no matter where I live.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 12-14-2018, 01:04 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,694,854 times
My wish is that Spanos family sells the team, and the new owner moves team back to SD and builds their own new stadium with their own money.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:58 PM

665 posts, read 613,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
My wish is that Spanos family sells the team, and the new owner moves team back to SD and builds their own new stadium with their own money.

I think that might actually happen. The only reason the Spanos moved IMO is because they will sell a few years after being in LA and obtaining a LA market value vs a SD market value for the team.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:38 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy973 View Post
I think that might actually happen. The only reason the Spanos moved IMO is because they will sell a few years after being in LA and obtaining a LA market value vs a SD market value for the team.
I forget the specifics but there’s significant financial penalties in place if they sell within the first 10 years of relocation. I don’t see them selling anyways, it’s a cash cow for the family. And unlike most other owners it’s their only real source of revenue. I wish they would sell to someone who’d bring them back but I’m not holding my breath, I made that mistake with the Clippers as a kid/teen/young adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: