Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 09:03 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,553,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Most people on CD probably make over $50k, that’s why they go online and make a lot of ASSumptions, but this is not in real life. The husband is an executive of a large company in SoCal. I was told a lot of the neighbors already moved, in fact this couple bought a house in Las Vegas a few years back, now they upgraded to a bigger house in the same hood.

I can’t find any emojis that I can use to describe your assumptions. But I can say there is an ASS between U and ME.
Did you grow up in the 1970s or something??? Who still uses that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 02:07 AM

23,240 posts, read 29,090,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

Highly doubt the whole neighborhood moved to Las Vegas, unless we're talking about an entire mobile home park or apartment complex? ...Then, maybe, yeah. Most people that move to Las Vegas from California make less than $50k per year.

Before I moved out of that "city", it was estimated that 1 out of 3 in Las Vegas have roots in California, another big portion comes from NY/East Coast. In AZ, 60% of those moving there have roots in the Midwest.

I had a neighbor that had moved from L.A. and he had a nice big green lawn, no desert landscaping for this guy: "I had a nice green lawn in L.A. and I'm going to have a nice green lawn in Las Vegas, and damn the torpedoes!"

Old 02-18-2019, 07:22 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,875,608 times
Quote:
Most people that move to Las Vegas from California make less than $50k per year.
True. And many of them are young, and can't afford housing here.

They're leaving California for Las Vegas to find the middle-class life that eluded them: https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...203-story.html

Old 02-18-2019, 08:02 AM

427 posts, read 368,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Moving from to Phoenix is like moving to a Siberian gulag. I mean I can believe people would flee LA, but they'd go somewhere NICE. Like Thailand or Costa Rica.

I can only assume people living in Phoenix only have one goal: Make enough money to move out of that hellhole.
Everyone I know that moved to Phoenix likes it.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:38 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,553,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
Everyone I know that moved to Phoenix likes it.
Everyone I know who moved to Phoenix from California did so because they had to, not because they wanted to.

If they could, they'd all be back here in a heartbeat.

I can't speak for the Midwesterners who move to Phoenix, though. I'm sure they love the warmer climate and proximity to California.

If proximity to California didn't matter, then El Paso and Albuquerque would be full of Midwesterners, and neither is.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Everyone I know who moved to Phoenix from California did so because they had to, not because they wanted to.

If they could, they'd all be back here in a heartbeat.

I can't speak for the Midwesterners who move to Phoenix, though. I'm sure they love the warmer climate and proximity to California.

If proximity to California didn't matter, then El Paso and Albuquerque would be full of Midwesterners, and neither is.
I've commuted from the coast inland for years, now I've been able to slice that down to the 57, inland. Traffic still sucks at 45 min to 1 hr home. And some of the political issues up north scare me in the mid to long term. We are moving to Chandler because we want too, not because we have to. Goodbye traffic and taxation!

Old 02-18-2019, 03:02 PM

928 posts, read 1,068,522 times
Quote:
I've commuted from the coast inland for years, now I've been able to slice that down to the 57, inland. Traffic still sucks at 45 min to 1 hr home. And some of the political issues up north scare me in the mid to long term. We are moving to Chandler because we want too, not because we have to. Goodbye traffic and taxation!
That’s funny. I moved to Phoenix and the traffic was terrible and the taxes not much less especially property tax. Glad I didn’t sell my house in CA as it was easy to move back.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
That’s funny. I moved to Phoenix and the traffic was terrible and the taxes not much less especially property tax. Glad I didn’t sell my house in CA as it was easy to move back.
Solid, good paying employment is plentiful in Chandler, and homes are affordable using surface streets. And property tax is only ~$150/mo in AZ, I pay $400 here in CA.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:48 PM

928 posts, read 1,068,522 times
Quote:
Solid, good paying employment is plentiful in Chandler, and homes are affordable using surface streets. And property tax is only ~$150/mo in AZ, I pay $400 here in CA.
I pay $170 per month here in CA for property taxes. Also about half the electricity price due to less AC costs here. Just wasn’t worth the move to AZ for me.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:08 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,190,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
I pay $170 per month here in CA for property taxes. Also about half the electricity price due to less AC costs here. Just wasn’t worth the move to AZ for me.

it sounds like you really like CA... Why did you want to move to Phoenix????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles