Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Well, let me just say that last year Los Angeles had to cancel our March of the Virgins parade because one of the virgins got sick and the other one didn't want to march alone.

Just pullin' your chain, podner. Our girls are fairly active sexually but some aren't and others require a few more years before they whelp.
There's only two types of women I'm into - a girl of another race and one who doesn't want kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 01:49 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
There's only two types of women I'm into - a girl of another race and one who doesn't want kids.
You're in agreement with my radio show host Tom Leykis who prefers Latina women from outside the US, i.e. from South America. He says American women are all spoiled and expect their due from men as financial support and worship. He claims the immigrant Latina women work hard to please their men and are appreciative of having a good man. There could be some truth to that.

Leykis sometimes refers to American women as reaching 40, "butching out" and cutting their men off from sex, just treating the men as "wallet donors."

I suggest that you young men should tune in to 97.1 FM about 3-7 p.m. weekdays and catch a few of Tom's shows. I'm somewhat older than his demographic and more interested in one-on-one relationships with women, but I still laugh my axx off at some of Tom's shows. (BTW I'm willing to negotiate this one-on-one, so any interested women should understand that I'm not a top only guy.)

It takes an extremely open minded and logical woman to appreciate Tom's radio show, and I suspect he has relatively few female listeners. Some of his best phone calls are from women who get angry and decide to take Tom Leykis on.

By the way, the Tom Leykis Show is being assigned as required listening for our OP. Please report in.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:58 PM

236 posts, read 1,141,461 times
One of the greatest writers in the history of mankind once wrote:

"LOVE is patient and kind;
LOVE is not jealous or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.
LOVE does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrong,
but rejoices in the right.
LOVE bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
LOVE never ends …"

Of course, who needs real love when you can enjoy the counterfeit of immediate gratification and lust? This thread is so silly as it only discusses the feminine beauty that is only skin deep. Did it ever occur to you flesh-hungry men that these gorgeous models will one day grow old and gray and wrinkled and saggy??? It's the beauty WITHIN that is truly lasting. I'm sure y'all will give me heck and claim that I'm preaching to you, but I just had to say it.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:33 PM

830 posts, read 2,861,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
One of the greatest writers in the history of mankind once wrote:

"LOVE is patient and kind;
LOVE is not jealous or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.
LOVE does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrong,
but rejoices in the right.
LOVE bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
LOVE never ends …"

Of course, who needs real love when you can enjoy the counterfeit of immediate gratification and lust? This thread is so silly as it only discusses the feminine beauty that is only skin deep. Did it ever occur to you flesh-hungry men that these gorgeous models will one day grow old and gray and wrinkled and saggy??? It's the beauty WITHIN that is truly lasting. I'm sure y'all will give me heck and claim that I'm preaching to you, but I just had to say it.

One of my first bosses out of college once told me:

"No matter how good looking a woman is, some guy out there is tired of ****ing her."

Crude perhaps, but likely true. The outside doesn't last long unless you've got something on the inside to back it up. Like a Twinkie. What would it be without the cream filling?

Old 05-16-2008, 05:36 PM

Or you trade it in on a later model!

(LH ducks and runs to avoid the flying objects being thrown in his direction!)

Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
Lovehound, as a fellow Leykis listener for a few years now, I know what you're saying... In his perfect world, though, no one would ever get married or have children - and the human race would die out in about 50 to 60 years!

In many cities, women become invisible after they turn 40. In L.A., this happens when women turn 30. It's a pretentious world of nothing but users, and it's so sad. No one ends up truly happy. I thank God that Leykis's world is mostly reflected only in the entertainment industry, at least from what I've seen.

This whole thread brings to mind the L.A. Weekly ads in which women are asking for "wealthy benefactors". Prostitution is still prostitution, no matter how you might try to dress it up!

Also, although trophy wives are often traded in for a "newer" model, the same is true in reverse. If the man loses his job, or is a victim of bad investments, etc., watch that hottie he's married to or living with go scooting out the door!

Old 05-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Sandy, if you find any of those old used up 40 year olds I sure wish you'd send them my direction.

As far as Leykis, I think his advice is good for 18-30 year old men as long as they don't get too caught up in it. His advice that these men should not have steady girlfriends is dead on, the advice to not get ----- whipped (meow, meow) is dead on, the "move on if nothing after three dates" is iffy, but the implied advice to get as many women as you can is IMO bad advice. Men (and women) should have a reasonable amount of experience and variety before they settle down, but I believe there is such a thing as too much experience, a point that you pass where nothing will ever be good enough for you.

As far as the human race dying out, all those have a few kids and get a divorce people will provide plenty of fodder to keep humanity away from extinction.

I believe that all young men would benefit from listening to the Tom Leykis show as long as they understand the advice but do not take it too seriously. They would be IMO making a definite mistake if they follow it to the letter. Myself, I wish I'd had his advice when I was young. I'm actually 1-2 years older than Leykis, too late for me to benefit from his advice now, and I figured it all out for myself in my 30s-40s anyway.

Primarily I listen to his show because some of it is so funny. It's a dating "by dating we mean porking" advice show for younger men, and it's a really funny, entertaining show for guys (and gals) my age.

I assume everybody reading this thread has realized that I've made some of my statements for their comedy value. I appreciate good humor.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
It takes an extremely open minded and logical woman to appreciate Tom's radio show, and I suspect he has relatively few female listeners. Some of his best phone calls are from women who get angry and decide to take Tom Leykis on.

Gee, how difficult is it to find something to say that can **** off another person? And how difficult is it to find something to say that can **** off another person when you have MILLIONS of persons listening? A person with that kind of a talent I can easily do without. There are better sources of entertainment (and information) out there.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:33 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times
Quote:
Sandy, if you find any of those old used up 40 year olds I sure wish you'd send them my direction.

As far as Leykis, I think his advice is good for 18-30 year old men as long as they don't get too caught up in it. His advice that these men should not have steady girlfriends is dead on, the advice to not get ----- whipped (meow, meow) is dead on, the "move on if nothing after three dates" is iffy, but the implied advice to get as many women as you can is IMO bad advice. Men (and women) should have a reasonable amount of experience and variety before they settle down, but I believe there is such a thing as too much experience, a point that you pass where nothing will ever be good enough for you.

As far as the human race dying out, all those have a few kids and get a divorce people will provide plenty of fodder to keep humanity away from extinction.

I believe that all young men would benefit from listening to the Tom Leykis show as long as they understand the advice but do not take it too seriously. They would be IMO making a definite mistake if they follow it to the letter. Myself, I wish I'd had his advice when I was young. I'm actually 1-2 years older than Leykis, too late for me to benefit from his advice now, and I figured it all out for myself in my 30s-40s anyway.

Primarily I listen to his show because some of it is so funny. It's a dating "by dating we mean porking" advice show for younger men, and it's a really funny, entertaining show for guys (and gals) my age.

I assume everybody reading this thread has realized that I've made some of my statements for their comedy value. I appreciate good humor.
Which is why i'm staying childfree. I don't understand why girls want kdis though and would end the relationship over something petty.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Gee, how difficult is it to find something to say that can **** off another person? And how difficult is it to find something to say that can **** off another person when you have MILLIONS of persons listening? A person with that kind of a talent I can easily do without. There are better sources of entertainment (and information) out there.
Wow. Where is your anger coming from? Feminism? How about considering Masculinism? (That's the Leykis Show's reason to exist.) Perhaps you have no problem with feminists promoting women's issues as an important subject. You heard of Gloria Allred, right? How about putting the shoe on the other foot and having men champion their own cause? Is it okay in your book to have sisters supporting sisters, but it's not okay to have brothers supporting brothers?

Remember that the Tom Leykis Show is primarily an entertainment vehicle designed to carry commercial advertisements. It has to primarily entertain although it purports to educate too. If you don't like the philosophy there's nothing keeping you from hitting a different button on your radio dial.

But please don't give me this holier than thou version of why feminism is okay but masculinism is not. I'm weary of that brand of "we're better than your sick misogynistic ilk." I love women. I just don't love women putting themselves before men. Neither gender should do that. We're all primarily people, not men or women. The minute you put your gender ahead of your humanity you've lost me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Which is why i'm staying childfree. I don't understand why girls want kdis though and would end the relationship over something petty.
Actually I wish I'd had kids but at my age it's too late. I don't want to be negotiating child care and Medicare benefits at the same time. I'd love to meet a childless woman in her 40s-50s. Good age for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles