Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 04:19 PM

23 posts, read 127,788 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I spent this week end in Inglweood and Manhattan beach in Los Angeles and I literally...loved it!!

The people: mostly white smiling and seems happier than here

The whether: almost perfect
The beach: amazed by surfers
The place: clean and safe, people jogging at 2am (wanna try it here in nyc..)

I know many here in ny say Californians seem phony, selfish, the traffic is crazy, but I dont think this is true, I ve the impression that quality of life is better there and people can be as phony as here in Manhattan and for a beach lover like me It would be just great

What are the salaries if you work in finance in lax? (I'm a bilingual bookkeeper eng spanish and I currently work in wall st)

Is it easy to find a job?

In what neighborhood a european born should live in lax?

I have a few friends here in ny a job and a life, I know moving will be cash and energy taking but I am just try to
Picture my life there

Thanks 4 your opinions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 04:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullio07 View Post

What are the salaries if you work in finance in lax? (I'm a bilingual bookkeeper eng spanish and I currently work in wall st)

Is it easy to find a job?
What do you make now?

The less money you demand and greater demand for your services, the easier it is to find a job.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:24 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,854 times
are you interested in working at the airport?

Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Since you liked Inglewood (which is my birth city) check out the Morningside Park area. Dates back to the mid-thirties, neat and well kept single family homes and yards, and HUGE backyards , I might add. The homes have large setbacks, allowing for good sized front lawns, and the separation between homes is wide, something you don't see in modern developments, where they shoehorn the homes in next to each other as if they were jigsaw puzzle pieces.

A good example of what I mean: check out S. 6th Ave between Arbor Vitae and Manchester.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:54 PM

23 posts, read 127,788 times
Default hi

hi
thanks 4 your responses

i m now making 52K in wall st as b2b internat collector and i rent a harlem box for $600.00

my friend in inglewood pays the same for a 1bed!

i dont think job in the airport will fit my ideal job

i should send my resume out and see if there is demand
for accountants with my background

Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 PM

938 posts, read 4,094,561 times
You were deceptively shown Inglewood.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
hi
thanks 4 your responses

i m now making 52K in wall st as b2b internat collector and i rent a harlem box for $600.00

my friend in inglewood pays the same for a 1bed!

i dont think job in the airport will fit my ideal job
i should send my resume out and see if there is demand
for accountants with my background
i only asked because you mentioned LAX twice, although that didn't seem to be what you meant.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
You were deceptively shown Inglewood.
maybe not. inglewood probably looks good in contrast to cheap digs in harlem.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 PM

938 posts, read 4,094,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
In response to:

Quote:
The people: mostly white smiling and seems happier than here
We all know there's nothing white about Inglewood...unless she meant the color of their teeth was white?

Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 PM

149 posts, read 201,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Not really. I've lived in LA and NY and to me, Inglewood looks worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
In response to:

We all know there's nothing white about Inglewood...unless she meant the color of their teeth was white?
Tullio is racist. He hates black people and I'm perplexed at how anyone can call Inglewood "white." Is he delusional? He's leaving NY because he doesn't like black people. He can't afford to live in a "white" neighborhood in NYC so he has moved onto LA. Montana or Idaho are white, Los Angeles, let alone Inglewood (of all places) isn't.

Please, just ignore this loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullio View Post
I had a 7bucks light dinner on a chinese place and went back home from the subway at 34 str penn station where at 930 pm I felt I was in fricken Ghana; (no offense)but a lot of these young african american (chains, hat,pences down..got the idea?)they look at you like they are ready for an attack.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullio View Post
I like this country and I want to stay and live here; what I did not know when I come here was the history of this country: black males were once slaves, this is probably the explanation even today of anger, poverty and attitude that 95% of them have.

Last edited by soho111; 07-06-2008 at 11:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles