Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:11 PM

188 posts, read 520,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
By the way...Since there are so many beautiful women in the Los Angeles area, how does one approach or meet them; especially, in the cell phone age?
'Hi, my name is ________________. How are you?'

*if the girl responds & seems interested*

'I realize we live in the age of cell phones. Would I, perchance, partake in the honor of acquiring your cellphone number?'

*you win*

Being mildly attractive and able to offer financial stability in your relationship would be an added bonus to the situation.

Last edited by TXperson; 05-11-2009 at 06:20 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 AM

1,512 posts, read 8,167,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXperson View Post
'Hi, my name is ________________. How are you?'

*if the girl responds & seems interested*

'I realize we live in the age of cell phones. Would I, perchance, partake in the honor of acquiring your cellphone number?'

*you win*

Being mildly attractive and able to offer financial stability in your relationship would be an added bonus to the situation.
For me, approaching women for dates is unatural.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
That's why you don't approach for "dates."

Don't approach "dates" as dates: (oh I'm totally going to mess this up, or I NEEED to make an impression). In other words don't be needy.

Just approach it as a friendship (that is to say unless you just want to _____ them.)

Go to places where you like to go do things you like to do. Feel confident but don't be a jerk.

Most importantly, you need an "in." Any sort of "forced" interaction is good, talking to a barista, or waitress.

If you're at a concert or show, you already have one thing in common (the band).

If you're at a book store you already have something else in common (books).

Yeah it's tough to make small talk even when not asking women on dates. But if I were you I'd just practice talking to people in general, making small talk with everyone.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM

13 posts, read 66,094 times
Approaching women in LA is better than approaching women in OC.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
For me, approaching women for dates is unatural.
You might want to take a class (or two) at a local community college -- something like "Conversational Spanish" or "Elementary Mandarin". "Forced interaction" is pretty much a requirement in language classes, and if you're lucky, some of the women in the class might approach you.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM

15 posts, read 100,993 times
Default Yes

Yes

Old 05-21-2009, 05:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
I am 29 year-old black male, that has a interest in meeting and dating Asian or Hispanic women. Is the city of Los Angeles a good place for these kind of relationships? Do Asian and Latin males frown upon black males dating women of their geographical-racial group? Also, in general, do Asian and Hispanic families shun their daughters from dating black males? .
Yes, as a black guy myself I like Asian and Latina girls too and when I was living in LA there are lots of them around. Before I left Cali I was involved with a Japanese women who was a teacher.

As far as parents looking down? Yes, if the parents are from out the country with there traditions still intact they tend to look down on there daughters dating outside there race especially with certain minority's because of the track record of little income and education.

Good news is the younger generation are more open minded and many Asian/Latina girls want to date black guys only.

Quote:
By the way, I'm not seeking pre-marital sexual relations, just dating and companionship
Ha, yea right that's probability the FIRST thing you are going to do...

Old 05-21-2009, 06:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
Asian generally won't be a problem. Japanese-Americans, Japanese, Chinese, Filipinas have few qualms about relationships with good African-American guys. The main things those ethnicities want are partners for their daughters who will not embarrass their families. I don't know what the attitude is in the Vietnamese community. I've only seen white guy-Vietnamese girl couples where I used to live when it comes to the interracial issue in that community.

If you date a daughter of Korean immigrants, that might be a hassle only because not only do blacks have a very poor image in Korea thanks to the riots in L.A. where Korean business were looted and burned, but Korean parents usually prefer that their kids marry other Koreans (that means whites will experience resistance from FOB Korean parents, too). However, one also has to note that in Orange County, there has been reported an unexpected amount of intermarriage between Koreans and Hispanics. So make of that what you will.

As for Latinas, if you use the dating pool out of a middle class largely white neighborhood to find them, you will likely have no problem. For example, there is a part of Whittier that is like the Hispanic Baldwin Hills. The crunch comes when you go into some of the working class and poor neighborhoods with occasional or worse gang activity. The vatos are definitely not down with blacks (or even Anglos in a lot of cases) dating the chicas and it could get hairy for you.

Hispanic parents don't really care, generally, about the ethnicity of their daughter's boyfriends. Every now and then, though, you will run across a hispanic dad who doesn't want his daughter dating outside la raza. In my experience, these dads usually had gang member sons.

One suggestion: Brazilians. Lots of African blood in that culture, too. So racism not an issue. And they're some of the most beautiful women on the planet.

This is on the money..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 PM

58 posts, read 192,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXperson View Post

Yeah, you should totally say that to some chick.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
My brother-in-law lives in Athens, Georgia & finds every reason he can to come to Los Angeles. Of-course, he also has a Black girlfriend here; all the more reason to visit. He claims LA is the best place to meet Black babes [he's anglo]. I have known many Asian women & Latinas. There probably isn't a better mix of Asians\ Latinos than the San Gabriel valley though the club scene is nothing compared to downtown\ Hollywood. My family is 5th generation Californio [all inter-ethnic anglo\ latino]. It wasn't even a taboo back in the 1950's when the state was to first to eliminate racist restrictions on inter-racial marriage. Can you believe there are people who actually frown mixed relationships?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles