Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 AM

188 posts, read 521,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
For me, approaching women for dates is unatural.
That's why you don't 'approach' anybody. Only salespeople approach others. It only works when things are casual. Usually during times when you least expect it. Subtleness (as in not being blatant or painfully obvious) is usually (but not always) the key to attracting women.

Also, it's probably better for you to have her 'approach' you rather than the other way around, because that way you know she digs you, and you can't fail... unless you're a horridly awkward individual.

However, if you are the 'unapproachable' type, then you might wanna sex yourself up and dress in a classy/rugged/erratic/fresh/whatever manner. You're in Los Angeles, remember? A decent amount of people are apparently image conscious here. Whatever works for peacocks will work for you.

A final note, if I were you, I wouldn't just limit myself to just Asian and Hispanic women. Believe me when I tell you that there are gorgeous women from every race and creed. Limiting your selection might limit yourself from hooking up with someone attractive.

Alright, I actually gave you some semi-serious (and corny) advice. Feel free to take it or leave it. I don't feel so bad now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbullet View Post
Yeah, you should totally say that to some chick.
Some chicks like sarcasm...

Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,621,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXperson View Post
That's why you don't 'approach' anybody. Only salespeople approach others. It only works when things are casual. Usually during times when you least expect it. Subtleness (as in not being blatant or painfully obvious) is usually (but not always) the key to attracting women.

Also, it's probably better for you to have her 'approach' you rather than the other way around, because that way you know she digs you, and you can't fail... unless you're a horridly awkward individual.

However, if you are the 'unapproachable' type, then you might wanna sex yourself up and dress in a classy/rugged/erratic/fresh/whatever manner. You're in Los Angeles, remember? A decent amount of people are apparently image conscious here. Whatever works for peacocks will work for you.

A final note, if I were you, I wouldn't just limit myself to just Asian and Hispanic women. Believe me when I tell you that there are gorgeous women from every race and creed. Limiting your selection might limit yourself from hooking up with someone attractive.

Alright, I actually gave you some semi-serious (and corny) advice. Feel free to take it or leave it. I don't feel so bad now.

Some chicks like sarcasm...
well-written. Agree, just be natural \relaxed and women will flock to you. Works every time & why I smoke a little bud before going out. While everyone else is getting drunk, I am sober enjoying feminine attention!

Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM

504 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Ha! You gave me a laugh with that suggestion. I'm half Portuguese with a Brazillian grandfather but my Portuguese grandmother came from islands off the coast of Africa. Yes! There is lots of African blood in the Brazilian/Portuguese groups. (They actually have a name for it but it escapes me at the moment.)

I was watching "The Dog Whisperer" this week and he featured a family with a Mexican father and a Chinese mother.

Is LA starting a multi-racial trend? I think it might be. I think it just might be....

You can marry someone you really like here! It doesn't matter their race or even their gender! <cough>
you are talking about the island nation of Cape Verde which is off the coast of Africa.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:00 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,065,834 times
Yes it is. I have a cousin (a black male) who is married to a white woman and has a daughter. He was in living Venice. I don't know where he is now. I've seen a lot of of black men with non-black women all over the city.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:04 PM

687 posts, read 1,121,249 times
It is really hard to believe some of the questions asked here and this goes for the "are there still black's in L.A." question

Old 11-09-2009, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
It is really hard to believe some of the questions asked here and this goes for the "are there still black's in L.A." question
I totally agree. Oh well, these forums are for information and fun, so I guess we can ask about anything..

Nita

Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,380,735 times
Time for a little advice for those that have a hard time meeting people.

Step 1. When you see someone that gets your attention, Forget about dating. Get that out of your mind for now. You are not trying to date this girl or guy just yet. You don't even know her or him.

Step 2. Look at that person and find something that they are doing, looking at, wearing that gets your attention and that you can start a conversation with. I did it over food choices with one girl. She had a salad and I was looking to change my diet. We never dated but are good friends after 9 years.

Step 3. This is an interview, you want to find out about them, get them talking. You know about you, and frankly your life is boring. If it wasn't boring you would have a hard time looking for that special someone. You shut up once in a while and listen to them. Comment on what they have to say. As my wife tells me most guys loose it after they open their mouths.

I will add more as i go, or feel free to add to the list. back to work for now.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,380,735 times
A little more advice.

First off I meant to say in step 3 above, that if your life wasn't boring you wouldn't (instead of would) have a hard time looking for that special someone.

Step 4. When talking Have something to offer. Be interesting in your conversation. Don’t state the obvious. I once heard a conversation between a guy and a girl that he was hitting on. He was letting her know that he worked out and had a hot body. The guy was obviously in good shape. He didn’t have to advertise it. Turns out for some that was a turn off. Don’t bring up the obvious. He kept directing the conversation to him. It is all about her for now.

Step 5. Don’t try to hard. Take it easy, especially if this is a first time meeting. No need to rush to get the number. Chances are the number you rush to get will be a fake anyway. Pretend you are never going to get the number. Kind of helps to take the pressure off anyway. If things progress and you have engaged her or him in a good conversation chances are the number will follow. Or just give them your number. If you were as interesting as you think you are, they might call you back.

Step 6. Always leave them wanting more. Never wear out your welcome. This works especially at the club where you just met someone. Just because you bought a girl a drink, doesn’t mean that you own them for the night. Same goes if you are dancing with a girl. Give people their space. Feel free to move back in during the night if things went well. It is ok to make the rounds and come back for seconds. You need to know how to read the other person. If your new friend is interested then keep things going. If the interest is only one sided then get out and visit later.

Step 7. Be yourself, market what you have. Never offer what is not yours.

Step 8. Loose the low self esteem thing. You can meet people anywhere. You can do it at an asian grocery store. That old lady running up the register probably has a 20 year old daughter or neice that is hot and if you are her friend the daughter or neice won't be too far from becoming your friend. I have met people in every situation immaginable and you can too.

Not sure why i call these steps. maybe just ideas that seem to work for many. Seems that results are what people are after.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM

736 posts, read 2,297,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
A little more advice.

Step 5. Don’t try to hard. Take it easy, especially if this is a first time meeting. No need to rush to get the number. Chances are the number you rush to get will be a fake anyway. Pretend you are never going to get the number. Kind of helps to take the pressure off anyway. If things progress and you have engaged her or him in a good conversation chances are the number will follow. Or just give them your number. If you were as interesting as you think you are, they might call you back.

You can meet people anywhere. I have met people in every situation immaginable and you can too.

Not sure why i call these steps. maybe just ideas that seem to work for many. Seems that results are what people are after.
I read all of your "steps" and agree you've laid out some very common sense ideas about how to meet people/women, etc.

I only take small exception with part of step #5. SOMETIMES you meet a woman in a unique situation where it is HIGHLY likely you'll never see her again. In those situations, I am of the opinion you have to take a shot at the number right then and there...assuming you are really interested. Better to take a shot and come up empty than to take no shot at all.

But I agree that in general it is better to let it evolve naturally as opposed to shooting straight for the number.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:36 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,897,670 times
Good posts above. I think its extremely easy to approach and see girls in LA. You'd almost have to be blind not to, there are women everywhere

The keys:

-Never be a salesperson. Don't "approach" people. Like a salesman trying to stop someone on the street and asking them to fill out a survey or look at a product they have. Do the opposite. Be subtle. Let her come to you.

-You need to have a real life and be doing something. Not just the internet, but maybe the internet part time

You need to be going out regularly to the park, the beach, the bank, the coffee house. Develop some familiarity. Almost impossible not to meet others there.

-Girls will approach you if they sense you're doing something with your life. It's sort of a 6th sense.

-Remember, you don't need her.This will attract them.

And always be yourself. From there, it should be on autopilot. The key though I think is to be doing something in your life, moving forward. Very easy just to be on the internet, not doing much, no/low self esteem. Looking for some magic bullet with women. And then it comes off as weak/lame. But if she senses you're doing something, she'll want to be a part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles