Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,052 times

Advertisements

i live in the valley. i have to send this thing today in order to get funding for something. i completely forgot about this. i will go anywhere in southern california at this point! i need it sent today!

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,332,139 times
Umm...mail doesn't operate on Sunday. And I believe that goes for FedEx, UPS, and courier services. Does it need to be DELIVERED today? Is it someplace you can drive to? If not, then is anyone even there who will need it? Or does it simply need to be dated today? If it's the latter, then many post offices have self serve kiosks that you can use and pay with ATM or credit card. And they will dispense postage that will be date stamped. They are usually open 24/7 and I've been using them for years to send my Ebay shipments. Very handy.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Umm...mail doesn't operate on Sunday. And I believe that goes for FedEx, UPS, and courier services. Does it need to be DELIVERED today? Is it someplace you can drive to? If not, then is anyone even there who will need it? Or does it simply need to be dated today? If it's the latter, then many post offices have self serve kiosks that you can use and pay with ATM or credit card. And they will dispense postage that will be date stamped. They are usually open 24/7 and I've been using them for years to send my Ebay shipments. Very handy.
it doesnt need to be delivered today (but if i could, great). i need it dated today for sure!
someone told me there might be a 24/7 post office at lax.

any other places?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,296,095 times
US Post Office - Airport Station - Westchester / LAX - Los Angeles, CA

Old 08-02-2009, 01:43 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,332,139 times
A post office would be your best bet. If you are truly in an emergency here, then I would jump on Google and locate every post office within a 15 or 20 mile radius and head out. Some will have the 24/7 self serve kiosk. But not all of them. And just hope that one of the ones you hit does. You may not have to drive all the way to LAX.

That's about the best you're going to get that I can think of on a Sunday afternoon. If someone else knows of something better, they can chime in. But something THAT important, well....sorry to beat a dead horse here, but maybe you shouldn't have waited this long.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:50 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,518 times
Do the UPS stores or Office Max type storers have postage machines that could date stamp it with todays date? The ones here in Minnesota are open on Sundays. Some private businesses use Stamp.com or USPS.com and print their own stamps however they pay a fee to do this. Just a couple different options that might work.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:36 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,605,568 times
You can go to usps.com and print your own postage, pay on line. It would have todays date on the postage but no post mark.

There is a post office I use in Long Beach on Redondo that all local mail goes to first. It is one of the postal hubs. I use their outdoor boxes and it is on the truck or plane quicker than anywhere else.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:23 PM

thanks for the tips. i ended up going to the valley regional post office in van nuys. i went to the kiaosk there and it got metered for today.

if you are wondering what i sent, it was my form for unemployment (i am a substitute teacher and haven't had any year rounds call me this summer). this is my first time i have qualified and i didnt realize that they actually did send me the form i need to fill out and send back for my check. i thought the form was just something for my records (obviously i didnt read it correctly!).

the form said i needed to send the form out by august 2, so the stamp is dated august 2. i hope that is good enough because it probably wont be post marked till tomorrow. i really messed things up!
the sticker/stamp is dated august 2, but the post mark wont be till august 3.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
I really don't think you have to worry about that, worst case you will get your check a few days later.

But they can't deny you the check if you have been approved for benefits.

Good Luck.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:44 PM

they could have post marked it for me today!
knock on wood, the edd with except my letter with the stamp dated august 2. i know the post mark will say august 3 though.

the form just said "send form by august 2".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles