Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 11:34 AM

43 posts, read 168,439 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to bludso's? I heard a lot of people saying it's the best BBQ in LA county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
i haven't been there myself, but i've also heard many great things about this place on the various food boards. people have been raving about their brisket, rib tips, sausage links, and so forth. i definitely need to check this place out.

note: it's apparently take-out only.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,031 times
Is this the place on Long Beach Blvd in Compton?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:06 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,040,566 times
yes, that's it:

Bludso's BBQ - Compton, CA
bludso's bbq in compton - Los Angeles Area - Chowhound

i guess all of the posters here who keep asking "how is compton??? will i get CARJACKED or SHOT if i drive through there?!?" now have an excuse to visit the CPT other than for slum voyeurism.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:13 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
IMO hood BBQ are never ever the real deal. They use really poor quality meats and don't smoke them for hours and hours, like real BBQ is done. Anyone citing rib tips as a good BBQ place is automatically suspect. It seems most of these places rely too heavily on the sauce.

The best BBQ(in terms of the taste and slow cooking process) in Los Angeles is probably Dr. Hoggly Woggly's in Van Nuys. The place is a dump and the sides are nothing special, but the BBQ is done right.

Second best used to be Lucilles, which is saying a lot for a chain. But they've changed something over the past 2 years and its not as good as it was when it first opened. Still they smoke the meat for hours, and its BBQ done right.

I don't think either place is worth the price.

If you want real BBQ...the stuff that you see on the food network in places like Texas, Missouri, Kansas, and North Carolina....IMO you need to actually go to those places.

I visited a friend in Austin and we went to this place in a gas station believe it or not. I got the moist brisket. They threw a few large pieces of meat dripping with juices down in some wax paper. I was like WTF is this? Went to the table and squirted some of their very runny sauce on it. It was vinegar based. Damm if that wasn't the very best BBQ I've ever had in my entire life. I've never seen anything like it, and if I had just walked by I would have never touched it cause it looked so odd. But the flavor and tenderness were just over the top ridiculous and I wished we had something like that in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles