Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:41 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,878 times

Advertisements

Don't you dare apologize for what you said. I thought I was the only person that noticed that. You DO have a couple of years of peace and then the **** roaches start moving in with their litter of ungrateful kids who become gang bangers.... AND I AM BLACK! Look at rialto, fontana, west covina, san bernardino, ontario oh god and don't forget MORENO VALLEY...all nice places at ONE time...not anymore. I no longer live there but I remember it well and wouldn't trade with anyone there in that hell hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBaillo View Post
and you have no escape. you can move to the nice areas, and it buys you a few years of peace, but the scum start moving in trying to 'provide a better life for themselves', but instead of conforming to the neighborhood, and learning to live a better life, isntead bring their ghetto mentality w/ them.

before anyone can say my comments are off base/racist/ignorant, just know i grew up in ghettos, was involved w/ latino gangs growing up...so i know what i'm talking about...but thats just it i GREW up...when i moved out of the ghetto, i didn't take the ghetto w/ me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 PM

473 posts, read 2,755,887 times
amen, man...amen. people who dont see it are just trying NOT to see it. its not about being politically correct anymore...its just the truth.

Old 08-27-2006, 01:26 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post
Don't you dare apologize for what you said. I thought I was the only person that noticed that. You DO have a couple of years of peace and then the **** roaches start moving in with their litter of ungrateful kids who become gang bangers.... AND I AM BLACK! Look at rialto, fontana, west covina, san bernardino, ontario oh god and don't forget MORENO VALLEY...all nice places at ONE time...not anymore. I no longer live there but I remember it well and wouldn't trade with anyone there in that hell hole!
Part of the problem has been this huge housing boom the last few years. A lot of new houses were built in the outlying areas of LA and were bought by "investors" and "flippers" who didn't realize they'd be stuck with them for awhile. Meanwhile, areas of the inner city are being "revitalized" and "redeveloped" and it is causing the inner city poor to move out to those nice neighborhoods full of empty new homes because they can no longer afford to live in the inner city. (New home in Victorville = $300K, new condo in downtown LA = $900K.)

I hear Palmdale and Lancaster are also havens for gangs now. Cheap rent. Landlords who don't care who they rent to as long as someone pays the rent.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:03 PM

11 posts, read 83,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post

hold on no offence, but, do you really know what your talking about?? are you really trying to say that San Bernardino turned bad all of a sudden because people from other cities moved there and messed it up?? now I can agree with that happening with all the other cities, but definatley not San Bernardino I'am not from there I'm from Compton but I have plenty of Family in SB and I lived there myself for two years in the 80's and I can tell you and so can my family that SB has been a very messed up place for decades especially on the Westside, They have been one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. for over 20 years +...alot times its rankings are even worse then my city Compton, infact if you look at stats and crime rates for the most dangerous cali cities its always San Bernardino, Compton, Oakland, and Richmond. That city has plenty of its on home grown gangs, and crime problems that stemed from the city itself not any other city transplants. I just had to get that outta the way for anyone thinking it just got bad recently.

Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 PM

And also you must understand that most of these cities that are so called "Ghettos" where all once nice communities. If you look at Compton, Inglewood, Lynwood etc....they were all nice well off communities with the majority of it's population consisting of Whites.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 14,456 times
Unhappy I Agree

I pass through Blythe often on my way from Chandler AZ to Orange County, and I always shudder at the thought of just having to stop for gas or food. I cannot imagine living there.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:01 PM

473 posts, read 2,755,887 times
I don't think israel was saying it was just recently. The migration from the ghetto has been going on for a long period of time, and is still going on, and will be the way it is forever. But you have to realize that 20-30 years is no time at all in the life of a city. That's like 5 minutes.

But I didnt get that impression from him post at all, that he was trying to say the changes have only happened in the past 3-5 years. It was just a overall generalization.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:27 PM

Yeah well the way he clumped up a city like San Bernadino with all those other cities especially Morneo Valley made me get that impression. Because if you didn't know Moreno Valley which some people consider "ghetto", was not like that until the late 80's. And to me that city is not a run down slum type city at all. And its crime rates don't show anything bad either.

Quote:
I don't think israel was saying it was just recently. The migration from the ghetto has been going on for a long period of time, and is still going on, and will be the way it is forever. But you have to realize that 20-30 years is no time at all in the life of a city. That's like 5 minutes.
Thats exactly what I'm refering to. Like I said I AM NOT FROM SB, but I happen to know alot about it because I have alot of family residing there. other than that I dot care about that city because I'm from COMPTON and proud of it

Old 09-17-2006, 10:51 PM

55 posts, read 405,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Alemu View Post
Thats exactly what I'm refering to. Like I said I AM NOT FROM SB, but I happen to know alot about it because I have alot of family residing there. other than that I dot care about that city because I'm from COMPTON and proud of it
<snip>

"Proud" of it? Then why is all the trash from Compton moving up to Palmdale/Lancaster? To escape the horrid schools, corrupt city government, out of control crime and gang infestations? No, it's because the LA County Housing Authority is moving Section 8 garbage out to the high desert in droves.

San Bernardino's been a scummy town since the 1940s. Crime in the Muscoy ghetto was some of the worst outside of the worst parts of LA and its ghetto satellite cities. Once mandatory school busing was outlawed, things did settle down in various parts of the city, but it's still a scumball city overall, with a long, long history of corrupt city government, poverty and crime. I remember as a kid, if someone from Riverside wanted to do something illegal, they could always do it in San Berdoo. Once the Santa Fe started closing down the big shops on 2nd St. and Norton AFB closed, the area started into an economic downward spiral from which it never has recovered.

Compton's beyond hope its present form, but with all the trash moving out on Section 8 to Palmdale/Lancaster, investors/developers will buy all the shacks, bulldoze them, and recreate the whole South Central area into expensive single family houses and townhomes. It's just a matter of time, and is the real reason why the Housing Authroity is moving all the welfare blacks out to the desert while closing the 1940s projects, which are dilapidated beyond repair. Jordan Downs is already condemend, and Imperial and Nickerson "Gardens" will follow shortly. It's a smart move, as the area has a much better climate and redevelopment there will eliminate senseless commuting to downtown and Wilshire Blvd. offices from far flung suburbs.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:18 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,382,577 times
Hey......coming from an ex-farmer from Northern Indiana, LA/Southern Cal sure isn't the best place (by far) to live. While I was living there, I still had a lot of the old
"farm-boy/Indiana" personality in me and that just didn't cut it . In the Navy, I got stationed in San Diego, so I didn't have a choice of being there. But, after getting out of the Navy, I did stay (Orange County) for a number of years. Boy did I see a lot........more and more traffic and people, higher and higher cost-of-living and of course CRIME. It seemed like everytime I turned on the TV, there was a police pursuit going on. Now, the good part of living there...I met my wife there (originally from Mich). I ended up talking her into moving to Colorado and we both love it here.
The good part about So. Cal: if you are young, good looking, good body, hip and love "partying", that area is for you. Plenty of entertainment, for sure. But, that all takes money!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles