Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:12 AM

66 posts, read 469,273 times

Advertisements

how much would a cheap one bedroom apartment go for in long beach pretty close to the beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 06:38 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,689 times
First, Long Beach is on the coast, so anywhere in Long Beach you can be close to the water. The cheaper rent would be on the west side. Stay away from that. Go further east toward Belmont Heights or Belmont Shore and I'd say you will get a nice 1 bedroom in the high $900 range to $1100.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:34 AM

134 posts, read 562,251 times
Default Gangs

Much of Long Beach is heavily gang infested,do alot of research before renting.the bloods and crips own much of that area and gang warfare is common.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdawgx View Post
Much of Long Beach is heavily gang infested,do alot of research before renting.the bloods and crips own much of that area and gang warfare is common.
that's mostly NORTH long beach that's gang infested.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
that's mostly NORTH long beach that's gang infested.
You are completely right.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:46 AM

644 posts, read 3,320,486 times
Quote:
This is absolutely not true.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 AM

76 posts, read 243,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
This is absolutely not true.
You guys are making me nuts! I'm moving my family to Long Beach and I hear there is lots of good redevolopment and the downtown, south of 7th st or so, has a nice urban feel, which is what we prefer. But of course I can't bring my two sons (real young, 1 and 3) to gang and drug land. By the way, I hate to see you say you're leaving CA, Artie. I've read many of your posts and they seem to have tons of wisdom. Thanks for the article you linked from Patrick.net (?) about renting v. owning. My favorite (or least favorite as a current homeowner but soon to be renter!) quote was basically that you if you rent, you rent the home. If you mortgage, you rent the use of $ - after dropping that huge downpayment!

Old 05-19-2007, 03:14 PM

38,865 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Quote:
I strongly disagree with you about "much" of Long Beach being heavily gang-infested. It's true that there are certain areas of town you don't want to be in after dark, but that doesn't characterize most of the city.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 AM

9 posts, read 68,707 times
As a current LB resident, I agree with Paula to some degree, but the price increases each block you get closer to the beach. For instance, if you want to be a block from the beach, and have parking (and you'll want parking), it'll be $1500 or more.

Gangs aren't a problem near the ocean, but the noise and the homeless folks just might drive you crazy!

Old 06-24-2007, 11:47 PM

14 posts, read 97,957 times
Long Beach is not heavily gang infested. Geez! There are some bad neighborhoods but there are more good neighborhoods then bad.

There are even areas in West Long Beach that are okay to live and not have to worry about gangs.

Look, East Long Beach and parts of North Long Beach are very nice. If you take a drive around the Long Beach area you will see some areas you will like.
West Long Beach is a little rough but as I said there are some good areas even there. Long Beach East of Clark Avenue is very nice. Belmont Heights, Belmont Shore very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles