Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,744 times

Advertisements

I'm a 20 years female and about to move to LA in March to attend Make-up school
I have no relatives or friend in LA so i don't know which area would suit me best
I have a car and will commute to Burbank daily. My budget is $2000 max,
i really interested to palazzo east at park la brea, but the price is really high (2300/mo), so can anyone give help me finding a good area ?
Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Why not Burbank? It is safe. No commute hassles. Within your budget.

www.housingmaps.com
www.mapskrieg.com

Old 12-29-2009, 08:42 AM

10,624 posts, read 26,745,882 times
I agree. I'd start with Burbank. Why take on an unnecessary commute if you don't have to? Burbank is safe, has things in your budget, has stuff to do, and presumably at least some of your fellow students (and presumably future friends) will also live there or not too far away.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 AM

736 posts, read 2,296,756 times
Burbank, Glendale, and Pasadena are all relatively close to your school and safe. Burbank and Glendale are probably cheaper than Pasadena.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,636 times
Depending on what you are looking for in an area, the San Fernando Valley is extremely nice. Specifically East Van Nuys/West North Hollywood areas. You never have to worry about being alone. I recommend it for all young women

Old 12-31-2009, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 96,794 times
Burbank and Glendale are safe cities to live in. The houses there are expensive, so I'd assume that the real estate costs there drive up housing costs. The Palazzo East is like all of those other high-end buildings that have been popping up all over LA. Living in them is nice, but they are way too expensive for one person (unless you're rich or have a very high-paying job).

You might want to look at some cities that neighbor Burbank. Sherman Oaks, Studio City, and Valley Glen are not too far, and some portions of those cities are considered to be more affluent areas. (The affluent areas are basically the southern areas of the San Fernando Valley. They hug the 101 freeway.)

North Hollywood is a good choice too. They have the NoHo Arts District and the subway station which can bring you to downtown LA traffic-free in about 30 minutes.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:07 PM

687 posts, read 1,120,254 times
If not Burbank then Studio City. I hope you have money to live on while you attend school and look for work afterward. Not to burst your bubble but make-up artists are a dime a dozen just like actors in L.A. To work on films that are unionized you must be a member of the Guild otherwise you would have to look for non-union films and have plenty of connections. It's all about who you know and then talent. Former make-up artist.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:42 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,205,374 times
since you were considering park la brea, i would look into the oakwood apartments on barham near between the universal and warner bros. studios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles