Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,233,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Does anyone get annoyed at overly polite drivers?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 AM

573 posts, read 971,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winoceros View Post
California drivers are horrible in general. I blame not learning to drive in the snow. I guess the dry roads and sunny days encourages texting while driving while eating while smoking while applying makeup while yelling at your 4 kids in the back of your enormous SUV.
Funny, I thought that only happened in Jersey.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRickShawMan View Post
I just wanted to say that L.A. drivers tend to be rude, mean and discourteous. I don't know who to describe it. But when you turn on your blinkers, they cut you off deliberately. People also love to flip the bird here.

My mom, brother and I were driving and filming the beaches near Redondo Beach, and a car pulls up alongside us and starts to flick their middle fingers at the camera.

I don't know. People are just shady and unprofessional here.
come on, you don't really think they are much different from drivers in other large metro areas do you? Try driving in the DC area or DAllas? Evcen here in NWA we have both consideration and impatient drivers, we have speeders and slow pokes and we have those who cut in and out of traffic like it is a game of cat and mouse. Texas drivers think turn signals were invented to be used for other drivers, but not them. I could go on and on. It is the price we pay for driving in the big city...

Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 AM

50 posts, read 111,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Wow. You really need to put the remote down and back away from the TV!
Back away from the TV? I live in California! I drive this **** every day!

I happen to be from a non-California location (which allows me to make a comparison, because, you know, perspective)

I suppose if you've only ever lived in California your entire life it'd be easy to think you're all awesome drivers. Sorry, you're not. The DMV's driving tests are laughably easy and people in California (Northern California especially) don't pay attention to what they're doing, drive infuriatingly slow (although SoCal doesn't have this problem), and merge randomly and without looking.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:21 AM

231 posts, read 814,099 times
trust me when I say this, I have lived in LA/OC and SD and the drivers there are nothing compared to the drivers here in San Antonio where I currently reside

San Antonio drivers have the worst drivers. period

I will take the LA drivers anyday

Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 PM

50 posts, read 111,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGuy22 View Post
trust me when I say this, I have lived in LA/OC and SD and the drivers there are nothing compared to the drivers here in San Antonio where I currently reside

San Antonio drivers have the worst drivers. period

I will take the LA drivers anyday
SoCal drivers aren't too horrible. They'll at least drive the speed limit or faster, and are better at looking than Northern California drivers.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
SoCal drivers aren't too horrible. They'll at least drive the speed limit or faster, and are better at looking than Northern California drivers.
Spent the weekend all over L.A. and OC, on 5, 405, 110, and 10. All kinds of scary-bad displays of crapdriving all over the place, 98% of which was idiots gawking at their phones and swervedriving, accelerating, and/or randomly stomping on their brakes for no apparent reason. We got some choice fools up here in NorCal, but Daaaayaamnnn!! WTF, L.A.? Used to have the best drivers back in the day (because you had to be good to survive).

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,948,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Spent the weekend all over L.A. and OC, on 5, 405, 110, and 10. All kinds of scary-bad displays of crapdriving all over the place, 98% of which was idiots gawking at their phones and swervedriving, accelerating, and/or randomly stomping on their brakes for no apparent reason. We got some choice fools up here in NorCal, but Daaaayaamnnn!! WTF, L.A.? Used to have the best drivers back in the day (because you had to be good to survive).
That's still true, though there are more and more lousy drivers driving on the roads these days that's all. And a lot of out of towners/tourists who aren't familiar with the area, style of driving, traffic volume...etc.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
Quote:
California drivers are horrible in general. I blame not learning to drive in the snow. I guess the dry roads and sunny days encourages texting while driving while eating while smoking while applying makeup while yelling at your 4 kids in the back of your enormous SUV.

Im afraid theres an ounce of truth of what shes said, i've driven around the world, ive seen drivers go through gaps nothing short of a hairline on both sides and lives to do it over and over again, i've seem people from another part of the world go through narrow gaps, drive fast round corners in the rain with ease. Here in LA however, they do have some of the rudest mindless punks ever behind the wheel.
They drive fast in nice open roads, incredibly slow round the corners, brakes late and very hard, almost next to useless in the rain. And in the snow? omg

Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,948,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Im afraid theres an ounce of truth of what shes said, i've driven around the world, ive seen drivers go through gaps nothing short of a hairline on both sides and lives to do it over and over again, i've seem people from another part of the world go through narrow gaps, drive fast round corners in the rain with ease. Here in LA however, they do have some of the rudest mindless punks ever behind the wheel.
They drive fast in nice open roads, incredibly slow round the corners, brakes late and very hard, almost next to useless in the rain. And in the snow? omg
Well, it doesn't snow in LA and doesn't rain that much either so no, OF COURSE people in LA aren't going to be as suave behind the wheel in those conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles