Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,414 times

Advertisements

I grew up in pineville. That was nice because we had a ski boat and that is what we did every weekend. And back then---as i am a senior now, there was only Buhlow lake to ski around and around---now it is much nicer and has the red river open to boating and recreation. Alexandria has believers in art----riveroaks is one place---a place for artist to thrive. On the other hand---some folks in pineville dont know about Riveroaks art square center and dont give a hoot about the art scene. I am here now out of consequence. July 1 one of my yorkies disappeared and i find my self thinking of undersirables---there are so many around me that i dont know who to trust and that i need to get out of here---to a nicer place where people are more progressive. There is an insane asylum here and lots of us are here because there was mental illness in the family and patients moved here to be treated or were released here. So i can say---boating is great----it is a small town and thats good for children---dont know about the quality of education these days---but there is a Baptist college which doesnt permit nudity in art---so no nude figure drawing----or boobs in sculpture ---let just say----dont go there for art. There is LSUA in Alexandria. Alexandria also has your wine and liquor---Pineville---no wine in restaurants but these days you can get beer and even wine coolers at certain places--thats as good as it gets---there are check points on friday night on the downtown bridge pineville side of the river . Cars are pulled over and drivers are given breathalyzers especially on friday nights after art openings--it is conservative---rush limbaugh is really popular----along with others like him----things are cheaper here---i think you can find a nice place to live at a lower price down here---if i could choose where to spend my adult life i would prefer a place with more culture and opportunity and more progressive ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle450rider View Post
I appreciate the reply. I did a search on this forum and found plenty of things about it. Doesn't really sound like my kind of place.
Can you point me in the right direction to the other information you found regarding Pineville? I obviously did not follow the correct search. I also am looking to move to the Pineville, Alexandria area and trying to find as much information as possible before I at least take a look. All information is appreciated.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,414 times
The airport aex is great. Small and luxurious for here---friends of mine in the art area relocated from new york and ohio and seem to love it here---less traffic, cost of living is good, better for less. It is a sportsman paradise-- very green, very humid, very hot and sultry. No silk--air con is a must. Lots of mosquitoes---way too many of those. Southern nites are wonderful with all the insects orchestrating the southern skies....if you find the right friends interested in the same stuff as you---it will be ok----people are nice and laid back-----all the farmers have their vegetables in the stores now tomatoes - okra -cucumbers-- this region is called cenla---which means central louisiana- it is close to some cool places-----

Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 AM

1,086 posts, read 1,275,428 times
Default Retiring to Pineville

I had no idea this area was so beautiful! Rolling hills, spectacular scenery!

I have been told that Alexandria has drug problems. Is this true? What about Pineville?

Are there any places in the area where 2 white senior citizens should not look for a house?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 AM

210 posts, read 428,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylinn View Post
Can you point me in the right direction to the other information you found regarding Pineville? I obviously did not follow the correct search. I also am looking to move to the Pineville, Alexandria area and trying to find as much information as possible before I at least take a look. All information is appreciated.

All I did was search the forum and found all kinds of information on pineville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana