Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:19 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,826,388 times

Advertisements

I only listen to few stations and whenever that guy pirates the New Albany station with house and techno. I feel like I hear the same ****. There's way too many country and god stations, nothing really outside of Fox 93.1 that plays a lot of rock. I want to find a station that plays old stuff like the beach boys. I only listen to about 6 or so stations. The beat is gone especially after their're antaena got stolen a few months back. So no real rapp stations either. Don't give me B96, I don't like R&B and don't like trying to listen in hopes of a rap pr hip-hop song to pop up. I listen to the Max and did lidten to 98.9 before the new owners. I haven't even attempted to even here the line p Radio Now has. I've listened to New Albany high schools radio once or twice. Sometimes I get burnt out on local radio, especially when it's, what is it that runs iheartradio? Mainline and the other people. Most of them only play the hits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 PM

174 posts, read 541,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brygon View Post
as an employee of WFPK, I can assure - and promise- that songs are not on a half hour loop. in fact, even songs in our heavy rotation only get spun 10-12 times a week at the most. 10-12 times, in a 7 seven day period, with 24 hours in the day. the pop station plays their heavy songs nearly 90 times a week and the rock station plays nearly 50 times a week. (all those stats are available at allaccess.com)
Point well taken. I was speaking in hyperbole.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brygon View Post
as an employee of WFPK, I can assure - and promise- that songs are not on a half hour loop. in fact, even songs in our heavy rotation only get spun 10-12 times a week at the most. 10-12 times, in a 7 seven day period, with 24 hours in the day. the pop station plays their heavy songs nearly 90 times a week and the rock station plays nearly 50 times a week. (all those stats are available at allaccess.com)

and I can't defend unimaginative. that's definitely perception. i can say however that we play Tune-Yards as well as Willie Nelson, St. Vincent as well as Bonnie Raitt, Young the Giant and Zeus as well as The Avett Brothers, Wilco and Japandroids.

WFPK was the first station in the United States to play Mumford & Sons, Fun., and Foster the People. And we were just nominated - for the 2nd year in a row - for Station of the Year, Program Director of the Year and Music Director of the Year by FMQB.
It's about the type of music played on WFPK. Music that would be acceptable at a Baptist Church picnic. Clean and wholesome, music that does not upset Louisville's radio apple cart. WFPK's selections are unimaginative, non-creative, and bland, like elevator music. The main theme is realtionships. Cuss words in lyrics are not necessary, but many themes are taboo on WFPK. Like anti-war, for example, or anything about social conditions. However, if WFPK played such music surely their phones would light up with thousands of complaints.
Many college stations will play 3 or 4 songs without interruption. WFPK plays one at a time, with some exceptions.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
One poster mentioned FMQB.
Here's the link:
FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!

Read about the radio business, profits, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, etc.
The music industry it is!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM

165 posts, read 309,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
It's about the type of music played on WFPK. Music that would be acceptable at a Baptist Church picnic. Clean and wholesome, music that does not upset Louisville's radio apple cart. WFPK's selections are unimaginative, non-creative, and bland, like elevator music. The main theme is realtionships. Cuss words in lyrics are not necessary, but many themes are taboo on WFPK. Like anti-war, for example, or anything about social conditions. However, if WFPK played such music surely their phones would light up with thousands of complaints.
Many college stations will play 3 or 4 songs without interruption. WFPK plays one at a time, with some exceptions.
1. Your idea of musical diversity is perhaps the narrowest I've ever encountered.
2. Clearly you've never been to a Baptist church picnic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area