Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:33 AM

2 posts, read 11,637 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I'm just jumping back into the swing of things after getting out of a long relationship. I'm having difficulties picking something to do on a Saturday night...the problem is the girl I'm taking out is only 20 and it's been a long time since I've not just gone to a bar or something.

Any ideas for a night time event on the 28th? There's really no "events" going on aside from the Derby City Roller Girls (which I don't even know if that would be fun). We obviously can't get in to City Block or Phoenix Hill and something around 9 or so after eating kills alot of other things.

Is Incredible Dave's worth it or is that too kiddy? I'm thinking we may go eat at O'Shea's or Wick's out in the Baxter/Bardstown area - she claims she's never been over to that area despite living here for 2 years. I know there's quite a few things out there to do but this age thing is really killing me haha Also, bowling is out of the question - I can't physically do it right now thanks to a torn tendon and she says she outright stinks.

On a side note - has anybody been to Cafe 360 and what's your opinion if you have.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshd View Post
Hey all,

I'm just jumping back into the swing of things after getting out of a long relationship. I'm having difficulties picking something to do on a Saturday night...the problem is the girl I'm taking out is only 20 and it's been a long time since I've not just gone to a bar or something.

Any ideas for a night time event on the 28th? There's really no "events" going on aside from the Derby City Roller Girls (which I don't even know if that would be fun). We obviously can't get in to City Block or Phoenix Hill and something around 9 or so after eating kills alot of other things.

Is Incredible Dave's worth it or is that too kiddy? I'm thinking we may go eat at O'Shea's or Wick's out in the Baxter/Bardstown area - she claims she's never been over to that area despite living here for 2 years. I know there's quite a few things out there to do but this age thing is really killing me haha Also, bowling is out of the question - I can't physically do it right now thanks to a torn tendon and she says she outright stinks.

On a side note - has anybody been to Cafe 360 and what's your opinion if you have.

Thanks.

If she lives in Louisville and has never been to the Highlands, take her there. cafe 360 is kind of dirty, so as long as she is not polly prissy pants, it should be great. I personally love it there. Dirt cheap international food and hookah smoking 24 hours a day, and it is very casual. Oshea's would also be great and is the "Safest bet" as a casual place that anyone woul dlike no matter what their tastes, and they rarely card before 9 PM or so. City block is actually 18 and over last I checked, so you could go there late at night if you wish. Or how about a coffee shop? Heine Brothers at Eastern parkway and Highland coffee are both open til midnight. If the date is going well, take her on a walk to Ear X Tacy or book and music exchange. If she is more trendy or likes more upscale stuff, Sapporo or Asiatique's Lounge A would be great spots. Honestly, there is so much to do its hard to say. Good luck.

Louisville Originals - Home Page
The Highlands of Louisville, KY USA home page

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
[quote=stx12499;7618584]If she lives in Louisville and has never been to the Highlands, take her there. cafe 360 is kind of dirty, so as long as she is not polly prissy pants, it should be great. I personally love it there. Dirt cheap international food and hookah smoking 24 hours a day, and it is very casual. Oshea's would also be great and is the "Safest bet" as a casual place that anyone woul dlike no matter what their tastes, and they rarely card before 9 PM or so. City block is actually 18 and over last I checked, so you could go there late at night if you wish. Or how about a coffee shop? Heine Brothers at Eastern parkway and Highland coffee are both open til midnight. If the date is going well, take her on a walk to Ear X Tacy or book and music exchange. If she is more trendy or likes more upscale stuff, Sapporo or Asiatique's Lounge A would be great spots. Honestly, there is so much to do its hard to say. Good luck.

What the hell is hookah smoking?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:11 AM

2 posts, read 11,637 times
Hookah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many people think Hookah is like a weak weed, but it's totally different. It's just a water pipe, but it's generally used to smoke some fruits, fruit leaves, herbs, and such. It's a community type thing and is real popular over seas in the middle east / India area. I had some buddies in college that introduced me to it. It's completely legal. I don't know about cafe 360, but some places use tobacco filler in their mixes too.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 AM

Polly prissy pants? LOL Sounds just like the person to smoke fruit and fruit leaves with.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:30 PM

[quote=Gimme3steps;7619436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
If she lives in Louisville and has never been to the Highlands, take her there. cafe 360 is kind of dirty, so as long as she is not polly prissy pants, it should be great. I personally love it there. Dirt cheap international food and hookah smoking 24 hours a day, and it is very casual. Oshea's would also be great and is the "Safest bet" as a casual place that anyone woul dlike no matter what their tastes, and they rarely card before 9 PM or so. City block is actually 18 and over last I checked, so you could go there late at night if you wish. Or how about a coffee shop? Heine Brothers at Eastern parkway and Highland coffee are both open til midnight. If the date is going well, take her on a walk to Ear X Tacy or book and music exchange. If she is more trendy or likes more upscale stuff, Sapporo or Asiatique's Lounge A would be great spots. Honestly, there is so much to do its hard to say. Good luck.

What the hell is hookah smoking?
You need to come into the city more often my friend! or else travel to more big cities....

Old 02-26-2009, 01:54 AM

22 posts, read 58,371 times
What's your budget and what's the girl into? There's like a million things to do. Throw somebody a bone here.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 AM

22 posts, read 58,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshd View Post

Thanks.
I can't really get into 360 unless desperate, and it's late at night. Don't get me wrong. It's better then Denny's or something for sure! It has it's pluses:

- It's open all night.
- Neat international(ish) menu.
- Cheap.
- Full bar!

But it's hit or miss:

- Tis dirty as stx says.
- Sometimes you can go in there and your order is up in 10 minutes and sometimes it can take a friggin hour.
- The smoke coming from the hukas that are sitting atop tables of a dozen under 21, giggling retards gets annoying. The smoke sucks. The kiddies are tolerable but irritating usually.
- Usually smells in there like a damn bathroom that was mutilated and half-assed cleaned. You know, that extreme ass smell combined with Lysol?

Personally, I only will go there with a group of people when it's late and we are trashed and if, and ONLY if Ramsey's and The Bristol are already closed. Spinelli's usually beats out 360 in that situation though because it's fast at least.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 AM

[quote=stx12499;7628321]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

You need to come into the city more often my friend! or else travel to more big cities....
Think I'll pass on the city thing.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl From The Country View Post
I can't really get into 360 unless desperate, and it's late at night. Don't get me wrong. It's better then Denny's or something for sure! It has it's pluses:

- It's open all night.
- Neat international(ish) menu.
- Cheap.
- Full bar!

But it's hit or miss:

- Tis dirty as stx says.
- Sometimes you can go in there and your order is up in 10 minutes and sometimes it can take a friggin hour.
- The smoke coming from the hukas that are sitting atop tables of a dozen under 21, giggling retards gets annoying. The smoke sucks. The kiddies are tolerable but irritating usually.
- Usually smells in there like a damn bathroom that was mutilated and half-assed cleaned. You know, that extreme ass smell combined with Lysol?

Personally, I only will go there with a group of people when it's late and we are trashed and if, and ONLY if Ramsey's and The Bristol are already closed. Spinelli's usually beats out 360 in that situation though because it's fast at least.
Theres lots of other great options too. Dont forget Karma Cafe, which is international food for cheap in a very clean cafe type environment that is open all night as well!

Also, Cafe 360 does not allow smoking inside (you cant smoke at any restuarant in the city), so I am not sure why the smoke would bother you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area