Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:05 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times

Advertisements

Just to clarify it doesn't bother me to hear differing opinions on my city, but I may feel compelled to comment. Others may not agree with my opine, or find it snarky...but that's kinda how the world is so why would a forum be different?

I never got the impression D doesn't like the Mad city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 01:37 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,398,282 times
Drover - I wasn't talking about you I was talking about Milwaukee_City. I've no problems with you. It isn't I don't think people who don't live here should post, it is that some people only seem to post to get a reaction or to satisfy some strange fixation.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:41 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,398,282 times
OH! My bad. I didn't see where the person was addressing Drover. Actually, I agree with them on that point (I even gave you a rep point for one of your posts on this thread). Sorry about that. I thought the person was addressing Milwaukee City. Moderator cut: one sentence

Last edited by Bo; 05-18-2009 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-17-2009, 02:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
OK then, no worries.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Let's stick to the topic, please. There is no place on City-Data where it is OK to post your speculation about other members' motivation for posting. If you don't like a topic, pass it on by. This especially applies to some deleted posts above.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM

365 posts, read 1,220,640 times
Default no lesbian or hippy here...guess again!! :-)

LOL Sorry, I don't fall into either of your labels either...I think anyone who has studied pros and cons of any of these issues at hand would come to the same rational conclusion, if stripped of their own personal issues which seem to come into play more times than not! Things that do not hurt others (incl. the planet we depend on and all of its inhabitants) are good, things that hurt others are bad...didn't we all learn this in preschool? :-)

If you are referring to your right to smoke, no one wants to take that away...we just don't want to allow you to kill us from it! Go smoke far away from people and no one would have a problem. We're just asking that you don't remove OUR right to breathe...a NEED versus a WANT...shouldn't the need always receive priority?

Quote:
Originally Posted by financewizard View Post
I like how all these hippy liberals want to take away all of our rights and tell us what is best for us, except they all want pot legalized????

Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 AM

"Some politician" isn't saying it is bad, millions of doctors, scientists, & other educated professionals who are UNBIASED are telling everyone it is bad...it's just some people are wise enough to listen and courtageous enough to implement change that would help everyone. If everyone was as careless and self-centered as you are requesting...the entire planet would've been dead long ago. Me, me, me...come on, really? ...it's hard to imagine any adult stuck in such a hopeless, selfish phase.

Personally, I think it would be great if there was an island, it could be paradise even, and all of the people who wanted to kill themselves with bad food, smoking, etc. could go there to live! You'd love it, it would be like a permanent vacation until you needed those people who tell you what to do and how to live...and they wouldn't be there, you would all kill yourselves...and then you would be begging for help. It reminds me of a small child who is rebelling for independence "you can't tell me what to do" but when the child gets into real trouble from their actions, they start screaming for mommy and daddy to come help them, they apologize profusely, they promise to not do it again.

Can you honestly say you'd like to be cut off from all these "hippy liberals" as you describe them? Because these people are the ones balancing out all the wrongdoing and selfishness in the world that people with beliefs like yours are implementing. Just Moderator cut: see comment think about what I've said...it may surprise you to really give it some thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by financewizard View Post
"Which of your rights have been taken away? I don't get it "

um, how about taxes on smoking, liquor, soda, also prohibiting what we eat and not allow certain fats at restaurants, trying to tell us what doctors we can use, shouldn't own a gun, etc, etc.

i don't smoke, drink, or own a gun, but if i wanted to i should be able to without taxing the heck out of me because some politician thinks it's bad.

Last edited by Bo; 05-31-2009 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: I sent you a DM to discuss the deleted portion.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 AM

164 posts, read 559,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
8. Oh you want chickens in your city backyard sure go ahead

You can have chickens on your city lot in MN. My neighbor has a small flock and between the noise they make (would that be a chicken or rooster?) & the smell of the manure she spreads all over her yard you'd think we lived on a farm.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
I think everyone in WI know Madison is where weird and quaky laws and regulations seem to always find their place. Maybe b/c they dream them up in the capital then they must feel the need to try them out in Madison first, this must be where Madison gets it's progressive tag from. There is a reason it has the nickname 78 square miles surrounded by reality, even though land area is only 67sq miles.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:25 PM

LOL Sounds like the "Keep Austin Weird" campaign :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison