Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdubb88 View Post
Wow I love how people can just judge you like that... But thank you but I am a mother of 2 and have NEVER been in trouble with the law. Attended college and graduated and have a good job. SO please do not judge me. If that is why you are going to post just don't post if you cant be of help with the question.
Don't forget.... all of your posts on City Data are available for anyone to see. Looking back through your posts is quick and easy as there are so few. You may be a wonderful person but starting off by asking about extradition back to Maine when you posted about planning to leave Maine for South Carolina would make people suspicious. Perthaps it's your traveling companion with the law problem. You say you have a good job yet are looking for a job and a place to live in Spartanburg South Carolina. You also seem to be apologizing for being a "damn yankee" to the South Carolinian locals... If you start off not being honest with people you're asking advice from don't be surprised when they don't give you a serious answer or perhaps form a judgement of your situation.

Last edited by Maineah; 02-08-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 02-08-2011, 11:17 AM

10 posts, read 19,360 times
As I understand it (and I'll admit that I'm no expert here), but I think it all depends on the state where the charge stems from and in this, I don't think Maine is any different than the others. If that state puts into their system that "Jack" has a warrant out and they'll extradite, it doesn't matter where Jack goes. If his name gets run for any reason (a little fender bender could do him in, or even a job application these days), he'll get arrested and will await the pleasure of a ride back to wherever. If that other state says there's a warrant out but they won't extradite, Jack may not get brought back but he does run the risk of sitting in jail a few days while everything is sorted out.

Personally, I'd do what the other posters suggest - pay the fine, do the community service, whatever. Just does't seem worth the hassel . . .

Old 02-08-2011, 05:27 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw this summer: "EASTPORT; Come on vacation, leave on probation".
those were great! we have a couple around here....

and MWs right, just pay the fine. Holy cow.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 PM

414 posts, read 302,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
Well going to a state to try and run away from your problems/mistakes isn't a good idea to begin with. I'm not so sure about Maine since I'm an implant here, but do know in Missouri they will arrest you and hold you in jail if you even have something as minor as a ticket in the database so it's possible Maine will do it too.
you are an implant?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:31 AM

503 posts, read 1,025,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS4Life View Post
you are an implant?
As the locals would call me, "From Away"
I was implanted here when the wifes job transfered us here.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:48 AM

52 posts, read 126,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw this summer: "EASTPORT; Come on vacation, leave on probation".
HaHaHaHa...........That is wicked funny!

Old 02-09-2011, 03:10 PM

489 posts, read 1,210,463 times
A little heads up for all you outlaws out there. Any contact with the law could burn you. A few years ago I found an item in the street which I thought was of value to the loser so I turned it in to the police station which was a few blocks away. Before I could leave, the officer behind the window checked my name and dob on his computer. Luckily I was "clean".

Old 02-09-2011, 04:59 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Why not pay the fine and be done with it?

I'm guessing this would be too easy?

Either that, or it must have been one whopper of a misdemeanor.

A simple google can answer the question. Of course, you'll need to read through the gobbledygook legalese to get the answer - it might take a while.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,717,042 times
A state is responsible for its own extradition charges.. If your wanted in Maine and are caught in Florida it is Maine who extradites you back... and vice versa.. So it all depends on where the charges stem from. and What they decide the furthest distance they will extradite is.. (by state)

Also most warrents that are issued through the national data base will stipulate what states they will extradite from.. Usually neighboring states for small crimes and then it fans out..

it has been my deep desire to get all 49 states to extradite from every state but california and send ALL wanted criminals nationwide running to Ca.. who needs that state anyways

ALSO......Now it doesnt mean you get live free... You still have an active warrent on you. There was a fella here in Maine wanted somewhere in the nw.. so everytime he got stopped red flags would be raised and evariably he would be detained until everything could be cleard.. once in a while depending on how clear the information about the arrest warrent was being translated he would end up being arrested and processed before they realized he was not going to be extradited.. this happened more then once

This was some time when I was in LE... I suspect things have changed.. better technology I am sure things are more streamlined.

Last edited by flycessna; 02-09-2011 at 06:37 PM..

Old 02-09-2011, 08:10 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
A state is responsible for its own extradition charges.. If your wanted in Maine and are caught in Florida it is Maine who extradites you back... and vice versa.. So it all depends on where the charges stem from. and What they decide the furthest distance they will extradite is.. (by state)

Also most warrents that are issued through the national data base will stipulate what states they will extradite from.. Usually neighboring states for small crimes and then it fans out..

it has been my deep desire to get all 49 states to extradite from every state but california and send ALL wanted criminals nationwide running to Ca.. who needs that state anyways

ALSO......Now it doesnt mean you get live free... You still have an active warrent on you. There was a fella here in Maine wanted somewhere in the nw.. so everytime he got stopped red flags would be raised and evariably he would be detained until everything could be cleard.. once in a while depending on how clear the information about the arrest warrent was being translated he would end up being arrested and processed before they realized he was not going to be extradited.. this happened more then once

This was some time when I was in LE... I suspect things have changed.. better technology I am sure things are more streamlined.
Bwa-hahahahahaha!!!! I love it!

And the info you posted is accurate as recently as 2006. That's the last time I was involved in law enforcement. If there's a hit on your name when an officer runs you, at the very least you're going to be held up where ever you are until they get it lined out.

They'll have dispatch go back to confirm the info - name, date of birth, any scars, marks, tattoos, etc., and if available your social security number. Any info that was entered by the entering agency when the warrant was put into NCIC, which is the national crime computer.

If the info matches up they'll send a request to the agency that entered the warrant and let them know they've got you and ask if they'll extradite. Then you get to sit and wait until that agency responds. By law they can only hold you............. half an hour I think it was?? Anyway, they'll wait for that agency to decide if they'll extradite you. As FC stated, it's at that agencies cost to have you returned for court for the warrant.

It depends on the charge and how far you are as to whether they'll extradite. Some agencies are more willing, some less. However, I fully support sending them all to Cali and then sawing if off from the mainland. I tried to rep ya FC but it says you've already received too much love from me already. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine