Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,312 times

Advertisements

Congratulatons! I can't wait to leave North Carolina in the rear view!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM

404 posts, read 777,897 times
Congratulations! Glad you found a way to leave the oppressive south just as I did!! I couldn't be happier here, I wish the same for you and your family.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,174 times
.......MAINE

My nephew and family live on Lake Norman near Charlotte. I love to visit there. The last time I drove straight through from Dover and it took me about 17 hours. Beautiful state with funny sounding people. They took me to a plantation in SC called Brattsonville a couple years ago. Lots of history there like in Maine. Good luck in your move.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
Many congrats to you!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
So happy for you, Chaos! You did it! Hope your house sells fast and your move goes smoothly. Once you're settled, we'll have to meet up for lobster rolls and whoopie pies!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM

701 posts, read 1,083,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
So happy for you, Chaos! You did it! Hope your house sells fast and your move goes smoothly. Once you're settled, we'll have to meet up for lobster rolls and whoopie pies!
Thanks! I'll definitely take you up on that

Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM

701 posts, read 1,083,211 times
Thank you everyone.............we're very excited and want to get the move over with. I'm hoping I'll get to skip at least part of the summer here but I may not get that lucky..........but I do know it will be my LAST summer in the South

Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,162,260 times
So happy for you!! I too am dying, just dying to get out of NY. Now that hubby's company will be moving from NYC by end of Summer-I'm hoping we can finally make the move. Maine has always been on my list of possibilities. The problem will be finding jobs first. You will be my inspiration that it CAN be done

Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM

72 posts, read 205,413 times
I am very envious of you and your family, and very happy for you. Hopefully, soon my family and I will be doing the same. When I cross the bridge into Maine I truly do feel different.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
.......MAINE

My nephew and family live on Lake Norman near Charlotte. I love to visit there. The last time I drove straight through from Dover and it took me about 17 hours. Beautiful state with funny sounding people. They took me to a plantation in SC called Brattsonville a couple years ago. Lots of history there like in Maine. Good luck in your move.
North Carolina is beautiful. It is rich with history. The Blue Ridge Mountains are a slice of heaven on earth. There are British Soldiers who served under Cornwallis in the battle of Guilford Couthouse in the Revolution buried 5 minutes from here. The Woolworth sit- in's that pr-dated Rosa Parks were downtown. Jon Coltrane was from very near to here, O'Henery's house is blocks from here, and Edward R. Morrows as well. I am eating strawberries I grew as I type this and I know you guys are a few months from that pleasure. All is not well however. The worlds largest denim producing mill lies dormant a few miles from here (Cone Mills), as denim is now made in China, I could go on about closed industry but the reference is representitave. The Outer Banks have turned into a strip mall. Taxes are insane, and if you don't speak Spanish you are in trouble. I live in the third most populated city in the state. Gang warefare abounds, McMansions are everywhere, urban blight, 6 lane highways, dope, theft, and it is so hot early here now. People liked it here so much, they moved from other places and turned here into there! I have not touched a weapon since I left the Army in 1972, I had a gut full of weaponry. I am not anti-gun, anyone who can own one legally who wishes to do so should take full advantage of their rights.,ust a personal choice exacerbated by the horrors of warfare. I went shopping for a pistol yesterday. I could not bring myself to do it yet. RMoore, have you ever left Charlotte Friday afternoon headed to your nephew's home? It makes the mess at the bridge at Kittery on Friday and Sunday look like Route 2A headed from Patten to Houlton on a Wednesday afternoon in January. Oh yeah, we don't talk funny. Next time you are around, contact me I'll buy lunch! I'm about 100 miles from there and am in Charlotte at least once a week. Asw soon as DW can retire, I'm gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine