Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2023, 12:46 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
What took so long?
Generally, I like winter. It's 40° and sunny in my corner of WaCo. Snow is melting from the roof. The sun is high enough and the days long enough to start seeds in the high tunnel. Still...the beach was nice....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 04:35 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,691,590 times
This is that wonderful time between Mud Time and Fly Time. I use deet for bug dope. I buy Ben's 100. It's 100% deet. Some states don't allow 100% deet. Some kind of superstition like face masks. When there was a fear that deet was going away, I bought a full card of them at Raymonds store in Lee. For me at this point it's a lifetime supply.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:40 AM

653 posts, read 1,787,301 times
Default Time to resurrect this thread! Watching Lee!

Greetings everyone! It's been quite the spell since I last contributed to this thread, nor anyone from what I see. We need to start watching Hurricane Lee which will become what I believe will become a Cat 5 hurricane within the next 72 hours (by Sunday the 10th) as it passes north of Puerto Rico. Most of the long range models has Lee gradually turning north and starts the trek which MAY bring Lee close or even over down east Maine by Sunday the 17th. I should emphasize that Lee will be greatly diminished by the time it approaches; probably no more than a Cat 2 at most.. still, that could mean winds possibly as high as 90mph.

Please keep in mind that this is still 9 to 10 days out and MUCH can change in the model data, and probably will. The overall consensus though is that Lee will need to be closely watched starting early next week.
I will give updates as I have time, I'm not sure how to copy and paste images of maps, especially being most of the data I use is subscription based and does not allow me to share maps, but I'll see what I can do.

I encourage those that regularly contributed here for so long to jump back on board and give your input and share observations, pictures or anything pertinent to this thread. I greatly hope that sometime before I'm too old, to get a visit back to what is still my top favourite states in the US. It's been 48 years!! too long for sure!

To be continued... cheers!

Old 09-10-2023, 06:25 PM

653 posts, read 1,787,301 times
For those interested, Lee remains a concern for late this week and especially this weekend for what now could be much of coastal Maine. Model data has been edging the projected course a tad further west with the GFS being the most concern which depicts what I suspect will be a Category 1 hurricane. While I still think the final course may end up making landfall just beyond the Eastport area, I do believe it is now a high likelihood that at least some impacts will be realized beginning as early as Wednesday in the form of large southerly swells rolling in around Kennebunkport on up the coast by Thursday, then the outer circulation will start affecting the region from south to north beginning early Friday with peak effects later Saturday into the first half of Sunday.

While Lee is now in what maybe a rapid strengthening phase (could reach back up to 135-140mph), I do see this running into more of a hostile environment by the time it is east of the Bahamas where wind shear and cooler ocean temps will knock it down to a rather large but much weakened system. Still, this WILL be an issue especially for the Down Easterners by Saturday the 16th. More info coming when I'm able, but hey... would love some input. Hopefully the link below works.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/anal...zn_neus_26.png

Old 09-13-2023, 05:41 AM

83,534 posts, read 75,373,979 times
Hurricane Lee updates:

Old 09-15-2023, 11:01 AM

846 posts, read 1,020,921 times
Sun is shining here on the banks of the St Croix. I ‘spect that will change. Glad I have a Generac

Old 09-16-2023, 05:32 AM

83,534 posts, read 75,373,979 times
I noticed nobody talks about the weather on this forum in Maine. Kinda sad since I love weather and Maine.

Old 09-16-2023, 07:22 AM

31 posts, read 40,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I noticed nobody talks about the weather on this forum in Maine. Kinda sad since I love weather and Maine.

The weather changes so much here from one minute to another that we just deal with what comes. Preparation is part of winter. This storm is a dry run to see if we are ready or need to add a few more things to our arsenal. I found that I needed to do a better job with our battery supply. We are very lucky with this storm that we aren't having to deal with freezing weather or extreme heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine