Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2022, 10:46 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times

Advertisements

I bought a box scraper last year. It is a great device for smoothing driveways or a future lawn. Just look up box scraper if you are unfamiliar with them. I got mine used, but like new for $700.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...box-blade-5-ft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2022, 12:34 PM

749 posts, read 418,911 times
Default Where we are and hope to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Amen, to most of the above. Nicely written. Making me long for Maine. Can't get there permanently yet but hoping to. Probably the only place where I'd look forward to a long commute
Maine was a longing for Jon and I...
May your longing be fulfilled!

Old 10-07-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I bought a box scraper last year. It is a great device for smoothing driveways or a future lawn. Just look up box scraper if you are unfamiliar with them. I got mine used, but like new for $700.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...box-blade-5-ft
Thankful to see you're still here...
with your sense of humor!

Old 11-01-2022, 11:33 PM

Why, thank you, NortheasternBound. I am well.

Old 11-02-2022, 12:02 AM

I'm a weather spotter. I report snow depths and freezing rain. The NWS is amending their winter condition reporting. There is a free class tonight presented by the Caribou station. Just google it.

Old 11-07-2022, 11:38 AM

Currently, here in Downeast, Maine...67F Degrees (should get up to 69F Degrees), Dewpoint is 47F Degrees. Winds, WSW 14mph, Gusts 30mph. Low tonight, 35F Degrees.

Awoke to mists across the Birch Meadows this morning, which cleared-up and now we're left with sunny, blue skies!
Grateful I listened to my husband and we left the AC in the bedroom window...It was 73F Degrees yesterday and the AC roared all night. Taking it out tomorrow, though, as our high is expected to be 47F Degrees and low 24F Degrees!

Friends from Oregon, mentioned they got snow this morning and many cannot remember snow this early. Looking forward to seeing the Lunar Eclipse - believe I will wake-up early for it.

It's a rare, full-day I have off from work...Been working 92hr work-weeks! Mostly staying over nights on Tuesdays-Thursdays, then night-shifts on Friday and Saturday. The pay is better too and I'm not having to commute so often. I'm grateful that I can obtain more work if needed, or lessen my hours. I miss sleeping with my husband. We now have two nights together, and on Friday and Saturday, I'm sleeping most of the day.

I can't remember what a normal job or work-week looks like. Nor do I remember what a so-called normal life looks like....
Back is continuing to heal, but is stiff when I sleep in beyond eight hours.
Meeting with our Patriot friends tomorrow for breakfast and voting in person.
Be sure to do your weekly shopping, purchase your fuel for your furnace, your vehicle, take a peek at your retirement account and look at our current government's spending and where. Then, vote appropriately!

Old 11-07-2022, 12:05 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,698,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
C
Be sure to do your weekly shopping, purchase your fuel for your furnace, your vehicle, take a peek at your retirement account and look at our current government's spending and where. Then, vote appropriately!
A nice way to put it.

A/C in Maine in November ha!

Old 11-07-2022, 12:32 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Big pattern shift for the East next week, regularly scheduled November weather will be coming back quickly and sticking around.

Old 11-07-2022, 03:49 PM

Blood Moon tomorrow night, election night. I hope we don't see a repeat of Portland Oregon.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:15 AM

Currently here in Downeast, Maine...39F Degrees, Dew Point 38F Degrees. Winds SE3mph, Gusts 9mph...Raining...
I'll state this clearly!
animals can't resist me...
my neighbor could not understand why his!
old Chocolate Lab pursued me...
across our meadows till he went after him with a broom!
and shamefully, convinced him to return home..
Hunter loved me and I him!
He would show up at my door at odd times..
and in the distance when he saw me, I could hear him call:
Kate? Kate? Kate?
He passed without us being informed...
Still, I knew!
Now he's been replaced by two other labs
who our neighbors insist upon keeping us strangers...
Every now and then, I remember Hunter!
crossing the road during a big snow...
coming to see me!
and I him...
meeting in the drifts of snow!
and laughing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine