Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 01:19 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times

Advertisements

I saw some in west gardiner at fullers market this morning (12 miles south of augusta)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 01:20 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
You are missing out! They are sold at Walmart, Hannaford, and Shaws at the end of the bread aisle and Friends and Family Market in Ellsworth Falls (and maybe other stores).... and the date is on the plastic dohickey. Check the date for those that will last/be fresh longest.
It is my fault. I just do not pay much attention to pastry. I do not find it appealing in any way, and refined sugar is not very good for you. I have been inside a Hortons once just to drop-off something when our daughter-in-law worked at Hortons in Lincoln. I went inside a Dunkins to talk to a guy one time.

I do not remember the last time I ate a donut it would have been years ago. I have a few customers who insist that pork lard is the best for baking donuts or croissants, but I have never eaten any of their pastry either. I just sell them lard

I head out to Hannafords in a few minutes to pickup waste-food for my pig herd, it will usually include one or two banana-boxes filled with pastry from this morning. Lots of jelly-filled and sprinkles stuff. Pigs love it. I don't usually look very close at it. I remember seeing some LaBrees labels on some of it, I noticed because one of our sons used to work at LaBrees. When the boxes burst I get lots of powder sugar and icing on me, which is enough to make me try to keep my distance.

'plastic dohickey' just love dohickeys don't you?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:10 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,689,543 times
Submariner informs us:
"I have been inside a Hortons once just to drop-off something when our daughter-in-law worked at Hortons in Lincoln."

You have a daughter-in-law. Congratulations to whichever son got married.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Submariner informs us:
"I have been inside a Hortons once just to drop-off something when our daughter-in-law worked at Hortons in Lincoln."

You have a daughter-in-law. Congratulations to whichever son got married.
Thank you.

Our eldest son drives trucks and has a home in Kansas with his wife of 5 years. This summer they produced a son.

Our youngest son is a helicopter mechanic in the Army, stationed in Kentucky. He got married this summer to a Lincoln Vo-Tech high school teacher. She was working at Hortons in the summers and at the Vo-Tech during the school year. Her family runs Trapiers in Enfield.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:57 AM

1,884 posts, read 2,896,542 times
Congratulations, Submariner. Yes, as a matter of fact I LOVE dohickeys. Every two weeks, my mother fried her homemade donuts in lard. My brother pointed out that we're all going to die some time of some thing... I gave this considerable thought and decided I might as well eat certain yummies (to include Mrs. Dunster's chocolate sugared donut holes) at least once in a while that might not be the best for me. Organic veggies etc. are great but maybe I just like to live a little on the wild side.

btw, are you calling donut eaters pigs?

Old 10-17-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
... btw, are you calling donut eaters pigs?
No.

I raise a herd of pigs. I collect waste-food from various sources and I feed this to pigs. Among this waste-food is included maybe 100-pounds of pastry every week.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 PM

23,586 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I do not remember the last time I ate a donut it would have been years ago. I have a few customers who insist that pork lard is the best for baking donuts or croissants, but I have never eaten any of their pastry either. I just sell them lard
A donut should never be baked.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
A donut should never be baked.
Ooops, I slipped.

My tongue must have gotten in front of my eye-teeth and I could not see what I was saying.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:33 AM

1,884 posts, read 2,896,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
No.

I raise a herd of pigs. I collect waste-food from various sources and I feed this to pigs. Among this waste-food is included maybe 100-pounds of pastry every week.
just kidding anyway; I really didn't think you were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine