Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:07 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post

Plus I need to learn how to spell it looks like. I put "bushes" instead of "brush", looks like I am blending regional sayings already. Now I'll confuse EVERYBODY regardless of location.
yea, I know how THAT works! But on the other hand, you can likely get a good take on what anyone means, too.. it seems to me that as the regionalisms blend together, the sense of them all connect... I think that is why I had no trouble understanding NC down east lingo and usually get the sense of what folks mean in Maine, as well, most of the time anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,910,302 times
Do people in Maine eat Moose like people in Alaska do?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Do people in Maine eat Moose like people in Alaska do?
Only if they are lucky.

I prefer a good Moose steak over beef or a nice roast. Ground is also good. Oh who am I kidding, I like any type of Moose. This is coming from somebody who wouldn't walk across the street for 100# of free Venison either. Deer I can't stand, Moose I really like. Caribou from way up is great though. Somebody brought back some Caribou from a hunt in the way, way north of Canada and shared. It was the best wild game I have ever eaten.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM

37 posts, read 110,165 times
Default 16 moose

a couple of years ago when I was still in Maine, I woke up to go hunting, and across the road were 16 moose eating in the broccoli field. I now live in North Dakota as of four months ago, and the big thing to see out here along the road is pheasant. I have seen about 40 or so on one trip, bison, wild horses, prairie dogs, and antelope are very common. It is very nice out here and all you from Maine should come out sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine