Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:13 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times

Advertisements

Yes Drama, 70K!! Amazing! It certainly dwarfs any production on the Cape, professional or scholastic. They had the witch flying through the air, etc.... so those costs were high... I can't think of the professional term for that rig and person to run it... but they had to come down out of Boston for the two runs... 70k each season, not combined. Check it out on the WB and see what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Amacop, one of my favorite books is by Caskie Stinnet, 'One Man's Island'. I miss his monthly column in the Downeast Maine magazine. He really captures the essence of what we all covet about Maine and the coast. I was saddened at his passing a number of years ago, but do still enjoy reading his book.
I too miss Caskie Stinnet!

Especially his musings monthly in Down East. He had such a lovely way with words. Definitely a hard act to follow.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Yes Drama, 70K!! Amazing! It certainly dwarfs any production on the Cape, professional or scholastic. They had the witch flying through the air, etc.... so those costs were high... I can't think of the professional term for that rig and person to run it... but they had to come down out of Boston for the two runs... 70k each season, not combined. Check it out on the WB and see what you think.
Can we borrow their benefactor?

Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
My friend who grew up on Rockland is among other things, also the musical director for the BHSTG, I'll ask him where they get the moolah and report back to ya!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
My friend who grew up on Rockland is among other things, also the musical director for the BHSTG, I'll ask him where they get the moolah and report back to ya!
Sweet! Thanks! In southwest Ohio, sports ranks first and arts take a back seat. Small hard core pockets of supporters are all we have!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM

34 posts, read 70,764 times
You asked about the crafts market in Steuben. I don't know a thing about it but the people at United Maine Craftsmen may be able to help:United Maine Craftsmen, Inc. - Creativity Through Crafts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine