Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
BIG reps coming your way, Nor!

All excellent suggestions! I can't think of a better way for anyone to want to spend a week in Maine than with all of the CD'ers!
Naah.... I'd do the brewpub thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
Quote:
Hi Dave,

Maine is a huge state, figure out which parts are at the top of your list of intended potential places you'd want to live in. Does your DW prefer the coast or the rivers, lakes, mountains and streams? Are you an inland guy or a coastal guy? Do you want to be in a really remote area or closer to a little activity? Do you want to do the typical tourist type of vacay?

Give us all a little more info regarding what you're thinking you'd like for her to see and I'm sure we can clog up at least 50 pages of useless information. ( did I really just say that?)
Well I usually fly into Portland, But if we come in the summer I'm thinking of flying into boston first to see a Red Sox game no matter how many kids or right arms I have to pay. Then 5 days in Maine.

As far as where we (I) want to live is mid coast, Lincoln county, looking at some land in near Alna, as I said in some other posts I want to sell firewood and lobster fish and understand and want to be a sternman for a couple years, to me lobstering is like wood boat building, an art and part of our past that should never be forgotten. So lokking for close to the coast and not within an hour? of the woods

We are totally into the coast,I have done route 1 from Portland to Stockton Springs a couple of times. After moving to the east side of Washington I miss the smell of salt in the air and fresh seafood.

The wife was thinking Bar Harbor, she tried real hard not to tell me, but the idea of making a mistake on when and where got to her and she caved in and told me, I would have figured it outany way when the pamphlet from Bar Harbor showed up the very next day. She really had no idea on a start and it looked nice to her.

Our normal Vacation, is fishing, clam digging crabing and a bon fire while we do some 12 ounce curls and cook up the catch, and jamming to some good tunes.

Thanks FLM now I really can't wait

Old 12-09-2008, 06:54 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times
Boston and taking in a game would be an amazing way to start a really fun vacation. Great idea!

Living in the Alna and sterning.... out of the Bristol / Damariscotta area? It's a good thought! It could work!

Your typical vacations sound like fun to me, especially the 12 oz curls!

I'd love for you guys to come out to visit me out in the bay while you're there. Consider this your invitation.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:00 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
Well I usually fly into Portland, But if we come in the summer I'm thinking of flying into boston first to see a Red Sox game no matter how many kids or right arms I have to pay. Then 5 days in Maine.

As far as where we (I) want to live is mid coast, Lincoln county, looking at some land in near Alna, as I said in some other posts I want to sell firewood and lobster fish and understand and want to be a sternman for a couple years, to me lobstering is like wood boat building, an art and part of our past that should never be forgotten. So lokking for close to the coast and not within an hour? of the woods

We are totally into the coast,I have done route 1 from Portland to Stockton Springs a couple of times. After moving to the east side of Washington I miss the smell of salt in the air and fresh seafood.

The wife was thinking Bar Harbor, she tried real hard not to tell me, but the idea of making a mistake on when and where got to her and she caved in and told me, I would have figured it outany way when the pamphlet from Bar Harbor showed up the very next day. She really had no idea on a start and it looked nice to her.

Our normal Vacation, is fishing, clam digging crabing and a bon fire while we do some 12 ounce curls and cook up the catch, and jamming to some good tunes.

Thanks FLM now I really can't wait
Well then, number 11 might be stopping by my camper in Searsport for a visit and perhaps a kayak trip over to Sears Island. When you get back from that, you can enjoy a couple of Belfast Brewery's Lobster Ale's and Saturday nights is lobster bake on the shore at the campground!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Well then, number 11 might be stopping by my camper in Searsport for a visit and perhaps a kayak trip over to Sears Island. When you get back from that, you can enjoy a couple of Belfast Brewery's Lobster Ale's and Saturday nights is lobster bake on the shore at the campground!
You can't have them! I've already claimed them, they're mine. Buzz off.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
You can't have them! I've already claimed them, they're mine. Buzz off.
Testy aren't we??

Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Testy aren't we??
Just being protective of what's mine. Tell her to go find her own tourist!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Just being protective of what's mine. Tell her to go find her own tourist!
Hey we all need to feed and the tourists have been fewer and farther between these days!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 PM

My wife always tells me I need friends, Now I know most of them are in Maine.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Hey we all need to feed and the tourists have been fewer and farther between these days!
Hey Hey I'm part tourist part intern if all goes well I will get promoted to land owner and then resident, I have to pay my dues I wasn't born with a Mainer sliver spoon. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: