Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times

Advertisements

The feds have come out with a new set of standards for nursing homes. They rank from one star at the bottom to five stars at the top. Maine has numerous five star ratings running from Fort Kent all the way down to Kittery. They are evenly distributed across the state and I think it's because of the Maine staff people who work in these Maine nursing homes.

Take a bow folks.

Here's where to begin your search for local ratings.

http://www.medicare.gov (http://www.medicare.gov./NHCompare/Include/DataSection/Questions/SearchCriteriaNEW.asp?version=default&browser=IE%7 C6%7CWinXP&language=English&defaultstatus=0&pageli st=Home&CookiesEnabledStatus=False&GUID=79E3C4786F DD88531F32374AD3619377 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 08:11 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
I agree... but also would bet that 90% of them are short staffed and overworked.... from Fort Kent to Kittery

Old 12-20-2008, 08:49 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
It's good to take care of the elderly. Where would we be without them?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 AM

111 posts, read 331,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
The feds have come out with a new set of standards for nursing homes. They rank from one star at the bottom to five stars at the top. Maine has numerous five star ratings running from Fort Kent all the way down to Kittery. They are evenly distributed across the state and I think it's because of the Maine staff people who work in these Maine nursing homes.

Take a bow folks.

Here's where to begin your search for local ratings.

Medicare.gov - The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare
hello....speaking of excellent institutions i was reading something about the top 25 highschools in the whole country & maine has 1 in the top 25....another feather in maine's cap...i forget the name & location tho
best
jim

Old 12-21-2008, 08:48 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
Number 3 in the nation is the Limestone School of Science and Mathematics. Great kids and the promise of our future. I hope our legislature gets out of the way and allows opportunity for them when they graduate from college. They have sophomores up there taking college courses. Limestone is a magnet school. We need more of them in Maine. If we had a voucher system we would not need Commissar Gendron's school consolidation boondoggle.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM

6 posts, read 12,997 times
Yes maine does have some nice nursing home there are just a few that didnt pass inspection .Some of the best are on the Maine Island Chabeaque Island,Vinal Haven this one I was very inpressed when I was there it was lunch time the locals on the island were bring food to the clients (6) which were from the island it was so nice they were takeing care of their own , Ellsworth, Orono ,and the Ross Home in bangor ,Maine all these are good .
I know this as an insuurance inspector ffor the past 20 years .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine