Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:36 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times

Advertisements

hobby's are a wonderfull thing they keep you out of trouble unless your hobby is trouble.if you have one and you would like to share pleas feel free to post it.if you have pic's of your hobby post them to.
i have many i like to hunt,fish,garden,wood work,but my most favorate is building something with my kids.
so if youwould like to just tell us what it is it dont matter what it is if your hobby is holding down the couch while your babby sitting the tv.
i like to do that to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 06:52 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,699,642 times
My main (no pun intended) hobby for the past several years has been trying to move to Maine! Between this forum, researching different regions, and keeping an eye out for jobs, it keeps me pretty busy. I also love playing board games with my kids and hiking in the woods with my dogs. Also, reading and watching movies. Good times!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
hobby's are a wonderfull thing they keep you out of trouble unless your hobby is trouble.if you have one and you would like to share pleas feel free to post it.if you have pic's of your hobby post them to.
i have many i like to hunt,fish,garden,wood work,but my most favorate is building something with my kids.
so if youwould like to just tell us what it is it dont matter what it is if your hobby is holding down the couch while your babby sitting the tv.
i like to do that to.
hehe.. I love it. ( The baby sitting the TV was the best)

For me, I have lotssssss of them.
I like landscaping ( I have made alot of rock walls), gardening, I like carpentry( I got my first scroll saw and cordless drill when I was 25 and I went on to drool with the other men at Home Depot, painting, sewing, knitting, hand aplaca, and baking.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 05-30-2008 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: fixed my rock walls

Old 05-30-2008, 07:46 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,204,922 times
this is allso one of my hobby's we ride allmost every night.the girl is my sister inlaws dauter from the big city she had never been on a wheeler befor .
she should have dress'd for the ocation.
Attached Thumbnails
would you like to share your hobby?-kids-dream_0013.jpg  

Old 05-30-2008, 08:16 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
My main (no pun intended) hobby for the past several years has been trying to move to Maine! Between this forum, researching different regions, and keeping an eye out for jobs, it keeps me pretty busy.
Ahhhhh..you stole my thunder! Other than work, chores around the house, and of course my DW I have little time for much besides making plans for retiring in Maine.

Of course, I enjoy shooting and hunting and watching the snow fall - but all of that is just "practice" for Maine!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,467,464 times
hedonism *hiccup*

Old 05-30-2008, 10:33 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,712 times
hummm...hobbies.. I guess gardening would count, and cooking (sometimes) and putting food by though that seems pretty everyday stuff... needlework now and then (counted cross stitch, though I am still working on a project I started BEFORE menopause.. a picture of a baby that I called my menopause baby, crochet). I am going to learn to spin with a drop spindle and want to get a new spinning wheel. I can use a Navajo spindle, sort of. And weaving, once I put my new loom together (bought at least third hand, I am pretty sure I do not have all the parts as it looks like a 6 harness table loom and I only got 4 harnesses... but that can be remedied). Does herding cats count? watching birds too (which is why the cats stay indoors). poetry needs to count as a hobby I guess... the other things that occupy my time might be hobbies for most but are for me either work (as in they make money) or part of my spiritual life.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:39 AM

36 posts, read 91,782 times
Default Maybe Maine Someday :)

My husband's hobbies (I always said) was watching/following sports. So over the year I have been trying to find a hobby...something to really get into and not want to look away or go do something else... A true hobby is hard to find. BUT this past year I found one... crocheting. My mom bought me hooks one Christmas... couldn't figure out why?!?! So I gave some yarn a try and WOW... not really sure where the talent came from. It is really a neat thing to do. I started making winter hats as we planned our move to Maine. Mom, Joni, and I were going to sell hats at a bazar in Michigan in November, but my sister is now preggers and that sort of blows our plan So anyone need a hat?????

Other hobbies travel, walking, knitting, gardening, tree ID, and loving life in general!
Attached Thumbnails
would you like to share your hobby?-hats-2007-026.jpg  

Old 05-31-2008, 05:52 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
Fishing! I can't wait to get the boat in the water.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:07 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,428,233 times
This forum....
Hiking, snowshoeing, hunting-small game and fishing.
Swimming, restoration of this 170 year old building....oh wait, that's a full time job!
Photography, back country skiing, gardening.
Believe it or not I collect cereal boxes and have done so for 30 years...now that is a goofy one.
Caring for my pets. I was just adopted by a feral Maine Coon that I had been feeding for over a year and a half, who is now pregnant. I'm a Dad!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine