Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:17 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am worrying about Starwalker who said her funace wasnt working this morning.....does anyone know how this turned out. Star I am sending you the best karma....warm wishes.....and concern. Let us know how you're doing. It is bitter cold.
Sorry for not following up...

We had the tech out twice... the jelling fuel issue was the beginning, got that fixed but apparently it somehow caused some other parts to fail -- that were getting close to that point and didn't really need the help -- and it ended up sucking air big time.

Second time he came out -- K realized it wasn't cutting in and the house was getting colder, so he kicked the thermostat up a notch and it proceeded to not work in about the same way... this just as I was going to work... so I didn't get a chance to give y'all a report earlier.

And just as I started typing this, the phone rang and Forest was on the other end.

And FWIW the "service dude" we saw twice today was actually the owner of Arctic Energy, a locally owned oil company here in Corinth that was recommended to me by Trailmonkey. And I would gladly recommend them, as well, to anyone in their service area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post

We had the tech out twice... the jelling fuel issue was the beginning, got that fixed but apparently it somehow caused some other parts to fail -- that were getting close to that point and didn't really need the help -- and it ended up sucking air big time.

Second time he came out -- K realized it wasn't cutting in and the house was getting colder, so he kicked the thermostat up a notch and it proceeded to not work in about the same way... this just as I was going to work... so I didn't get a chance to give y'all a report earlier.

And just as I started typing this, the phone rang and Forest was on the other end.

And FWIW the "service dude" we saw twice today was actually the owner of Arctic Energy, a locally owned oil company here in Corinth that was recommended to me by Trailmonkey. And I would gladly recommend them, as well, to anyone in their service area.
I just hope that means that you are warm tonight!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post

I did not realize there was an issue at all, until reviewing this thread. Ooops.

We have 2 spare beds, a warm house, and lots of food

I just wanted to ensure that everything was okay in your home. Or else offer you a place to stay until it got fixed

Old 01-17-2009, 09:34 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I did not realize there was an issue at all, until reviewing this thread. Ooops.

I just wanted to ensure that everything was okay in your home. Or else offer you a place to stay until it got fixed
yes, we are up and running.. have been since about 5 pm or so. And Thanks for the offer... but even had the furnace been offline, we have 2 propane aux. heaters (two set up and ready to go.. a spare tank and a spare heater head if needed) and a kero heater that I filled before I left for work, where I topped off the 5 gal kero container. I am a big believer in redundant systems. <g>

They would have kept this "leaky plastic box" sufficiently warm, if need be.

These issues may be a pain but not a big deal, really... it's all a part of learning how the new place works (or doesn't) and part of the "what do we need to do first" planning list.

Now, having got home from closing the store, made (and devoured part of) a chocolate cake, watched the news/weather (an made a plan to take the snow shovel with me in the car tomorrow as I work 4-9 PM) and applied the vibrator to my very tired feet I am off to a nice warm (heated mattress pad!) bed, where I will immediately be piled on by far too many cats.

I think I have the warm thing figured out here <g> and it IS going to warm up to snow, right?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:39 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Starwalker.....I am so relieved to hear how it all turned out! I bet the heater cats love your warmed mattress pad... Have a good day.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:16 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:

You are a good man forest! God bless you!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Well, I, for one, knew you'd be just fine, Star! I know how resourceful you are!! I am glad everything is alright at your home.

My temperature experiment is going well. I've had the thermostat on 68 for nearly two weeks now, even on the nights when our temps dipped into the upper 20s. Today, we were doing a little packing, and it reached 70 degrees in the house, and I was turning on the a/c to bring it back down to 68! I was actually perspiring at 70*, and I wasn't working THAT hard. Cool!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
You are a good man forest! God bless you!
Boy I have you fooled.

Kevin is within my cabletow, so I am rather obligated to offer assistance to him and his.

Once upon a time Star asked for a place to camp-out. After talking to B about it, I refused her. At the time I did not know about Kevin being who he is. Now I know better.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Boy I have you fooled.

Kevin is within my cabletow, so I am rather obligated to offer assistance to him and his.

Once upon a time Star asked for a place to camp-out. After talking to B about it, I refused her. At the time I did not know about Kevin being who he is. Now I know better.
Well....helping folks no matter what the motivation may be is always a good thing!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:35 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,087 times
Quote:
Boy I have you fooled.

I need enlightenment on this term. ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine