Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 PM

13,736 posts, read 15,807,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natali :) View Post
its looks like CCT Start Construction time is --> Jan 2016

correct ?

CCT – FTA New Starts Process
GSSC Master Plan Staging
Start Construction --> Jan 2016
I don't know the month. From what I read in the document, the purple line construction will start in 2014 and the CCT construction will start in 2015.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:18 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,958,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Not alot ppl use the buses , due to the stigma the Train fixes that and adds capacity.
Moderator cut: Language TRY 991 THEN TELL ME IF THAT BUS IS EMPTY!!!!! IF YOU CAN I WILL PAY YOU $200!!!!!!!!! When was the last time you actually took a commuter bus in MD!!!!! If you want to see a sardine can of white folk and middle upperclass ppl take a look at the 901 and 907 or 903 and 909 MTA Commuter bus By the way the rail in MD is great cause the Buses CAN'T HANDLE THE CAPACITY!!!!! So rail is nessesary but it is not always nessesary but here and LA need rail badly. Also the long distance bus network is only accomidating commuters and isn't flexible to make ppl leave their cars for non-rush travel. Think before ya post!!!

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-28-2011 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Not alot ppl use the buses , due to the stigma the Train fixes that and adds capacity.
the redline is a rail dude TRY USING THE BUSES IN BALTIMORE THEN TELL ME IF THEY ARE EMPTY However I dont like some of the ppl on the BALTIMORE buses. This however the stigma doesn't apply to commuter buses or DC and VA suburban buses just baltimore and the minibuses throughout maryland that need to be regionalized with commuter buses to create a network similar to NJ transit without NJ transit's weak crosstown coverage.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,889,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
the redline is a rail dude TRY USING THE BUSES IN BALTIMORE THEN TELL ME IF THEY ARE EMPTY However I dont like some of the ppl on the BALTIMORE buses. This however the stigma doesn't apply to commuter buses or DC and VA suburban buses just baltimore and the minibuses throughout maryland that need to be regionalized with commuter buses to create a network similar to NJ transit without NJ transit's weak crosstown coverage.
Buses do not spur growth , only Rail will.....so its needed..... Enough with the Buses , there not going away.....

Old 03-27-2011, 11:20 PM

13,736 posts, read 15,807,504 times
Quote:
Buses do not spur growth , only Rail will.....so its needed..... Enough with the Buses , there not going away.....
BRT does support economic growth. Especially the kind Montgomery County is going to build. The U.S. doesn't have a real BRT system like the ones in other countries yet but they will when Montgomery County build theirs.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Personal attack I am not favoring any mode over another All I am saying is one mode will enhance another the REDLINE A RAIL LINE WILL MAKE THE BUS NETWORK BETTER AS THE BUSES WILL BE ABLE TO DO LESS AND BE MORE PRODUCTIVE!!!!!! By getting ppl from Rail stations to communities. And other places not reached by rail ALL MODES HAVE THEIR PLACE UNDERSTAND THAT. Maryland however cant expect ppl to use Commuter outside rush hour till MARC gets weekend service which allows regional travel. In maryland for the first time. Outside of the northeast corridor you are going nowhere if you are not near DC the regional Commuters can fix that with service enhancement and BRT to complement the RAIL network and all modes will improve NOTHING WORKS WITH ONLY ONE MODE RAIL MAKES DEVELOPMENT BUT If the overall network is a disconnected mess rail ridership will be limited to certain ppl and parking problems begin Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-28-2011 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 03-28-2011, 11:51 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,436,532 times
Please discuss the transportation issues in this thread, and do not discuss other members. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Please discuss the transportation issues in this thread, and do not discuss other members. Thank you.
ok transit is mass moving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland