Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 04:46 AM

572 posts, read 327,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
That was why I started taking isolation very seriously last March. Since then I have only been in buildings other than my home 7 times. 3- visits to get my periodic labwork done, 2 visits to the dentist, and two trips to the county health department to get my COVID shots. Other than that no one has been in our house and even family members that live outside our home only visit outside and stay at least 6 feet away. Once my wife gets her second shot and waits at least two weeks we may start making occasional short trips inside the grocery store for things that never seem to be available for curbside or things like fresh fruits and veggies that she has not been real happy with the quality when someone els picks it.
I do not know how one can take the precautions. Even people with best isolation tactics are getting the virus. My mother is Diabetic too and her visits to dentists cannot be prevented due to the infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 07:09 PM

5,117 posts, read 6,110,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolair View Post
I do not know how one can take the precautions. Even people with best isolation tactics are getting the virus. My mother is Diabetic too and her visits to dentists cannot be prevented due to the infection.

You can't prevent but you can limit exposure. Including everything coming in the house goes into a one day 'quarantine (Things like refrigerated groceries have outer surfaces wiped down before they go into the garage refrigerator) and always washing hands after handling things when you come in the house.

Our dentist has made some procedural changes also so we feel he is taking it serious also. You do the best you can and take the chances you are left with. Haven't seen the grandkids for almost a year now.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:18 PM

7,036 posts, read 11,339,298 times
I got an appointment............in Urbana. Well, I'll take it.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:48 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,573,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Congrats, and wise decision. Someone on my local hood message board posted that they had gotten a vaccination at the Six Flags mass vaxx site, and the whole process was smooth*and quick. Forty five minutes between driving in and out.
Here's a useful take on which vaccine you should get. Answer, the first one you're offered.

https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...-you-wait.html

Old 02-28-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Congrats, and wise decision. Someone on my local hood message board posted that they had gotten a vaccination at the Six Flags mass vaxx site, and the whole process was smooth*and quick. Forty five minutes between driving in and out.
Here's a useful take on which vaccine you should get. Answer, the first one you're offered.

https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...-you-wait.html
It will be the Moderna vaccine, but yes, I will take any I can get including the one-dose Johnson and Johnson. Needles in arms at this point are needed to see our way through this.

Old 02-28-2021, 12:41 PM

45,498 posts, read 60,718,893 times
Quote:
It will be the Moderna vaccine, but yes, I will take any I can get including the one-dose Johnson and Johnson. Needles in arms at this point are needed to see our way through this.
Yeah, at this point I don't think you'll be able to specify the vaccine variant. The point is to stick needles into arms.

I got my first dose Friday after blundering into the CVS scheduling website at just the right time. Twenty minutes later all their slots were filled.

It still was a typical Calvert County cluster**** (I seem to using that word often recently) with people reporting at Maryland Standard Time (15 minutes later than scheduled), blocking cars in the parking lot, trying to get in without an appointment, the checker not having an updated list of registrants, etc.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, at this point I don't think you'll be able to specify the vaccine variant. The point is to stick needles into arms.

I got my first dose Friday after blundering into the CVS scheduling website at just the right time. Twenty minutes later all their slots were filled.

It still was a typical Calvert County cluster**** (I seem to using that word often recently) with people reporting at Maryland Standard Time (15 minutes later than scheduled), blocking cars in the parking lot, trying to get in without an appointment, the checker not having an updated list of registrants, etc.
"Maryland Standard Time" Ok, you win the internet for the day, that is hilarious.

I had two "your ears only" special hints about when and where to try to sign up closer to home this weekend, and neither worked. My BIL has figured the Frederick County pharmacy schedule, and got me a slot. I've tried to line up all my ducks, as they say, but I am still nervous I will show up and not have something I need.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:44 PM

5,117 posts, read 6,110,808 times
Quote:

Well if it weren't for 'Social Distancing' we could get together while you are down this way. Urbana CVS is easy to get to from I-270

Old 02-28-2021, 09:18 PM

5,332 posts, read 6,032,683 times
A few days ago I received a link and code to schedule an appointment with MedStar. IIRC this was my 5th? offer to receive the vaccine. For the record, I have offered to help others schedule their appointments.

Meanwhile, I still have the "CoVid vaccine arm" that appeared on the 8th day post vaccination. I can't wait for my second shot. jk

Old 03-01-2021, 07:49 AM

439 posts, read 426,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
A few days ago I received a link and code to schedule an appointment with MedStar. IIRC this was my 5th? offer to receive the vaccine. For the record, I have offered to help others schedule their appointments.

Meanwhile, I still have the "CoVid vaccine arm" that appeared on the 8th day post vaccination. I can't wait for my second shot. jk
That's really good. We have been registered with JHH, UMMS and GBMC through our portals and so far not one offer. Just emails about being patient
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland