Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 03:21 PM

5,329 posts, read 6,024,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth224 View Post
That's really good. We have been registered with JHH, UMMS and GBMC through our portals and so far not one offer. Just emails about being patient
I don't have a Medstar portal. When I realized I had gone to one of their not-so-urgent care facilities, I figured that made me a patient. So, I signed up via the Maryland vaccine website. I also signed up at Lifebridge via the same Maryland site, even though I haven't been a patient at one of their medical offices since 1976. (I also signed up at JHH, UMMS and GBMC and Baltimore County.)

If you live in the County:
I was advised that if you call the Baltimore County hotline (410-887-3816) and wait for an employee to take your call, you will have an excellent chance of having both you AND your spouse registered for a vaccination. ** Do NOT press number until you have reached the end of the announcement**

Last edited by lenora; 03-01-2021 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 09:02 AM

7,024 posts, read 11,320,211 times
Success. One dose of Moderna in the left arm yesterday. My arm is a bit sore and I overslept today, but otherwise doing great.

As an aside, lest anyone think I exaggerate when I say the locals in my area believe Western Maryland stops at Sideling Hill......check out this site and scroll down the conversation about the "Western Maryland" vaccination clinic being in Hagerstown.

https://www.facebook.com/cumberlandcovidwatch/

Old 03-03-2021, 09:41 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, at this point I don't think you'll be able to specify the vaccine variant. The point is to stick needles into arms.

I got my first dose Friday after blundering into the CVS scheduling website at just the right time. Twenty minutes later all their slots were filled.

It still was a typical Calvert County cluster**** (I seem to using that word often recently) with people reporting at Maryland Standard Time (15 minutes later than scheduled), blocking cars in the parking lot, trying to get in without an appointment, the checker not having an updated list of registrants, etc.
Ah yes, I remember it well..........It felt great leaving the pharmacy with that first shot behind you holding that card with the second appointment written on it. All was swell until 3 days before the scheduled second shot when you opened your e-mail and found the pharmacy had cancelled your second shot and you were left holding the bag counting the days before they hit 42. That happened to millions of people, wasn't the pharmacies fault, hopefully the supply and delivery will vastly improve now.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:42 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Success. One dose of Moderna in the left arm yesterday. My arm is a bit sore and I overslept today, but otherwise doing great.

As an aside, lest anyone think I exaggerate when I say the locals in my area believe Western Maryland stops at Sideling Hill......check out this site and scroll down the conversation about the "Western Maryland" vaccination clinic being in Hagerstown.

https://www.facebook.com/cumberlandcovidwatch/
I swear I saw an airplane fly out of Sideling Hill once.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:05 AM

7,024 posts, read 11,320,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I swear I saw an airplane fly out of Sideling Hill once.
UFO?

Old 03-05-2021, 01:37 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Everyone here is vaccinated fully ,all second shots done. The girls had a few little side effects soreness and fever 12 hours exactly after shot but not too bad.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:39 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Everyone here is vaccinated fully ,all second shots done. The girls had a few little side effects soreness and fever 12 hours exactly after shot but not too bad.

Maryland is reporting a one-day record of 46,384 shots administered, for a total of 1,482,780 COVID-19 vaccines administered.

Old 03-08-2021, 03:46 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,570,477 times
The Very Woman got notification on Friday to show up at a church hall on Monday. Maybe 200 people there and 8 vaxx stations. In and out in 30 minutes, which included a 15 minute wait after the vaxx. J&J vaxx.
Saw a figure of 2.9M vaxxed nationally on one day over the weekend.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:16 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,570,477 times
Mm.....
Quote:
will hogan's order breed disorder? Local leaders representing nearly 80% of maryland’s population held a conference call yesterday to discuss gov. Lawrence j. Hogan jr.’s decision to lift most limits on commerce and social gatherings. The republican governor’s decision — announced tuesday — came as a surprise to most, if not all, members of the so-called “big 8,” a group that includes the leaders of the seven largest counties and baltimore city.
Now they are trying to decide what their legal options are — and whether to heed hogan’s call to shed the restrictions that were imposed over the last 12 months to contain the spread of covid-19.

There appears to be a range of opinions about what to do next. Anne arundel, harford and howard counties plan to align more or less with the governor's guidance. But montgomery county executive marc b. Elrich (d) predicted that hogan's decision will "trigger another spike" in covid cases. And a top public health expert, joshua m. Sharfstein, called it “premature.”

Old 03-11-2021, 07:54 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,692,355 times
"Maryland’s swift and far-reaching plan to reopen businesses and public venues took many key stakeholders by surprise, interviews with officials, business and health leaders show, and went further than some industry representatives had requested."

I don't understand the upside of governing this way. Why would you want "surprise, suckers!" to be the tag line of your actions re: public health?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland