Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 10,602 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to the smaller Lennar model in April/May. We're so excited to join the community! Is there anyone planning to attend Lennar's meet & greet on Saturday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 09:04 AM

298 posts, read 998,740 times
I didn't know that there was a meet & greet on Saturday. Is it just for the Bellhaven models? I have to leave for NY that morning anyways.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:26 PM

205 posts, read 824,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland314 View Post
My husband and I are moving to the smaller Lennar model in April/May. We're so excited to join the community! Is there anyone planning to attend Lennar's meet & greet on Saturday?
Meet & Greet on Saturday? I had no idea. It must not be for owners of the Waterford or Kentwell. I'm free the first half of that day, but never received an invitation. I do want to stop by the Bellhaven model to take a look around even though I didn't buy one.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:51 PM

Hey BigDragon, did you go to the HOA/builder meeting?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstersmom View Post
Hey BigDragon, did you go to the HOA/builder meeting?
No, I was busy that night unfortunately. I haven't heard any information from the meeting yet either. I did see that they're making progress over at the clubhouse area though.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:51 PM

If you have Facebook, Tanyard Springs Homeowners has a page with these updates. We found out at the meeting that the pool/clubhouse will be finished by July 4 but it could be done as soon as Memorial Day. Also, they will be resurfacing the roads and repairing any curbs/sidewalks in our area this spring and adding more street lights in the back of Mockingbird.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:25 PM

5 posts, read 15,011 times
We are looking at Tanyard Springs as a place to move. Currently we live in Florida and are used to a bit more square footage for the money but Tanyard Springs seems to have everything we are looking for. My only concerns are 1) the eye sore that is the BCE & G plant off in the distance and the rumors of a smell. My husband thought he smelled something in the air when we toured the model but he may have just imagined it because he was so focused on the plant.

Also, we have a kindergartener so the school is important to us. How did the community hold up against the huge snow storms this season? Should we invest in a 4WD vehicle?
Thanks!

Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 AM

My husband and I have lived there for a year and we haven't smelled anything. Maybe it's just me but I don't think the sight of the plant from Tanyard Springs is an eyesore. I actually find it welcoming when I come home. Weird, huh?

I don't have kids so I don't know much about the school. Maybe someone else can post on that.

The first storm was pretty bad and it took a few days for all the streets to get cleared. One of the reasons is because the streets in the neighborhoods do not have the last layer of concrete on it yet (planned for this spring on the first section) so a plow could not be used since the manhole covers are above street level. The second storm was handled much better. They brought in more equipment and it was done faster. I wouldn't think that you would need a 4WD since this kind of snowstorm is a rarity in MD.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 PM

gatorgrad99, I'm actually kind of thrilled to have the BGE plant so close. The power stayed on the entire time during both blizzards. I was very happy I could get heat or watch TV at every point during each storm. I didn't have to take any emergency steps to keep my temperature-sensitive pet safe either since everything stayed on. Sure, there may be bad smells at some points during the year, but I think you'd find that most of the time prevailing winds blow the plant emissions out into the bay and do not throw them at the community. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes I hear quiet humming from commercial night shift traffic down the street at all the distribution warehouses.

The snow removal in Tanyard Springs was decent. They kept most of the roads passable. However, I noticed people living further back in the first phase of the community were snowed in pretty badly during the first blizzard. It seemed the crews prepared for the second one better. The community roads were drivable even with an RWD sports car. However, you really should have snow and ice experience or practice. I saw someone with an FWD vehicle get stuck at the end of my street for some unknown reason. The county and state snow removal could have been better. There was zero coordination for both blizzards. I was particularly irritated to see multiple plows driving in a row rather than spanning out across a road to plow it right. About the only major problem I had during the blizzards was figuring out where to put all that snow!

As for schools, you need to ask about the redistricting that is taking place.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:38 AM

9 posts, read 51,166 times
We are looking at this commnity Can anyone tell me how long it actually took for the building process as the area we are looking at has not even started to bill yet. Also, how is parking? Some the the roads seem narrow. What happens when people have company? Where does everyone park? We are currently in a sinlge family with less square footage of living space. It worries me just a bit to go to a townhouse. Any advise/suggestions/comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland