Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:20 AM

87 posts, read 333,534 times

Advertisements

http://crimereports.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM

103 posts, read 410,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDJJ View Post
Of course it's easy to just post a link to the mainpage of a crime stat site. Anyone can manipulate some stats to make one place look better than another. Until I see something concrete I'm calling BS on 10 times the crime Bel Air vs Belcamp.

By what parameters? What dates? What zipcodes or town names did you use to compare (Bel Air North, Bel Air South, within town limits or all of Bel Air?) Was it per capita, by number or what kind of incidents? I'd rather see 10 car break ins than 1 murder.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 AM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
DDJJ- I do not mean to argue with you, but the fact is that I could not buy a house for the same price I bought my house (plus cheap taxes) with a good school district closer to APG. Even Ceciltucky does not have houses this size for the price I bought in De. There are no tolls going to work either. We live off Rt. 40 and APG is off Rt. 40.

That being said I loved Bel Air. I love all of the amenities there. I think it is the most like Monmouth County NJ. We just could not afford the type of house we wanted there and taxes were higher. The schools there were amazing, we looked at them. I would have been very happy living in Bel Air.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:22 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
De. There are no tolls going to work either. We live off Rt. 40 and APG is off Rt. 40.
Isn't there like a $5 toll to go over the bridge on Route 40 from Havre de Grace to Perryville?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,750,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Isn't there like a $5 toll to go over the bridge on Route 40 from Havre de Grace to Perryville?
$5 to go over once, $10 to go over for a year. Just ask for the sticker and hand them $10 and you are good for a year. Its the barcode sticker you see on the driver's side of the back windows around here.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,160,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
$5 to go over once, $10 to go over for a year. Just ask for the sticker and hand them $10 and you are good for a year. Its the barcode sticker you see on the driver's side of the back windows around here.
Wow...really? I had no idea that they had a commuter rate that much lower. I don't commute but I do get up that way more than twice a year. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,750,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
Wow...really? I had no idea that they had a commuter rate that much lower. I don't commute but I do get up that way more than twice a year. Thanks for the info.
Up until a year or so ago, it was $5 a trip or $5 for the pass. Then with the resurfacing project they upped the year-long pass to $10.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 AM

13 posts, read 25,779 times
Hello! A few thoughts for your move...we are moving too from NJ to APG. We have 3 children who will be in middle school and high school-so that is #1 for us. As to some areas you mentionned...Havre de grace-good location, can get a prettygood size on house for money-have to look. and be willing to "fix-up"! Aberdeen itself-no,no,no. I agree-you can get much more house for your money in Cecil. It has the rural look and feel, but look at how close you are to it all. We prob won't go there because we are looking for a higher school rating. We are not chosing Bel Air for the main reason is tha everyone else is flooding the area. We don't think the schools and infrastructure -fire, police, utilities, etc- can handle it at present. good luck

Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM

13 posts, read 25,779 times
hey! personally we like the rural feel more, so that suits us. Bel Air felt very similar to Freehold, NJ and the farm country in Baltimore Co was similar to the Colts Neck, NJ area to give a perspective.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
so Racemom are you going to Ceciltucky? just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland