Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 08:31 AM

967 posts, read 4,786,120 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

What do you think of the town of Lynnfield? Is Reading nice? Looking for nice communities with an easy commute between Peabody and Billerica with very strong public school systems. I'd love any advice!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM

73 posts, read 595,046 times
lynnfield and reading are both excellent towns. lynnfield has more of a "community" feel to it. north reading is a nice town, but they are experiencing a lot of growth problems , there is a large division between the residents, those who live in the "old" north reading, and the new(lots of mc mansions). middleton is a pretty nice town but i have not heard great things about their school system. a couple more nice towns that would be worth looking into are wakefield and winchester. if money were no object for me (unfortunatly it is, lol), i would start with lynnfield , wakefield, and winchester. good luck in your search.

food for thought: a family member of mine has businesses in north reading, reading, stoneham, and winchester, and says BY FAR the least friendly people are her reading customers. just thought i'd mention.

frank

Old 09-22-2007, 07:19 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Just by looking at the data, it looks to be Lynnfield.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM

967 posts, read 4,786,120 times
Thanks Frank & CaseyB! It looks like Lynnfield may be the best bet for commute and schools. From the looks of it the schools sound better there than in Wakefield and Reading but maybe I'm wrong?

Winchester sounds appealing but might be too far afield.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 PM

232 posts, read 728,639 times
Lynnfield !!!!!!!!! GREAT SCHOOLS. Possibly Andover!! Just stay away from Route 1. Route 1 can be hell commute during rush hours in the morning. As long as you leave early enough you can go on 128 and shouldn't have an issue. But closer to 8 am and forget it. Lynnfield has a mix of homes, smaller cape cod, new mcmansions, and some older ranch styles. My friend told me you can get a great home now since prices have come down. I used to commute through Lynnfield. There is a beautiful golf course. My husband and I used to dream about the day where we could afford to live in Lynnfield.

Oh and there is a Christmas Tree Shop

Old 12-01-2007, 10:32 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Winchester is about 30-45 min to both Billerica and Pebody so not terrible. Shorter commutes will be towns close to 128 like Reading and Lynnfield.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:32 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Be aware that Lynnfield and Lynn are separate towns and worlds apart.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:38 PM

202 posts, read 583,435 times
I grew up in Lynnfield and still have many friends there. It is a great town with a wonderful school system. It is expensive to buy a home but worth it in my opinion. One good thing is they have recently redone the schools, including building a new middle school, so that assessment is out of the way. It's funny I hated living there while I was young but if I were to move back to NE I would want to live there or in Georgetown where 2 of my sisters and one of my brothers live.
Actualy, Georgetown might not be a bad option either, not that far from Peobody and I don't think the commute to Billerica would be that bad, but I can't remember exactly how you would do it. Go through Andover perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts