Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,531 times

Advertisements

I am a single male paramedic who works in Worcester. I see the entire city, the best and worst of it. Overall my experiences as a medic in the city have been good, we see shockingly few assaults and drug related calls. I genuinely enjoy this city. That being said, I have been looking to buy a place in the city and have found what I feel is the perfect condo, only it's on Bell Hill.

I have never responded to any sort of emergency call on this particular street or any of the immediately adjacent ones (many in other parts of bell hill, never crime related). I have driven through the neighborhood several times throughout the day/evening and haven't seen anything concerning (but its winter).

The condo unit itself is perfect, everything I have wanted. The parking lot is mostly fenced off, off street and deeded; it also has cameras and is well lit. The building appears rather secure. Catholic elementary school next door and surrounded by triple deckers. I have pulled the crime logs for the past 6 months and there has been *some* activity in the area (some b/e on the other streets, one or two cars broken into and an assault or two, nothing in this building however). I even spoke with people in the building who said they enjoyed living there more than other parts of the city.

Ive read quite a bit of mixed reviews on this area and I'm curious if anyone has some insight on the Bell Hill neighborhood in particular, maybe someone who lives there....Is this a good idea? Perfect price, perfect condo, near my friends, no commute...not sure about the location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 08:39 AM

4,621 posts, read 4,889,959 times
Are you talking in the Elliot/Edward/Elizabeth area? South of Rte 9 from UMass Memorial?

If so, I can't add much to what you already know. Density is too high for my liking. A number of hoodlum-looking kids end up at the little strip mall with the BofA and Dunkin.

If your talking about behind UMass, between it and Green Hill park, I know a little more. I run through there every once in a while. Less dense, but always seems dingy to me, even in the summer. Always feel safe on foot though. The climb up Catherine street is killer too.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,531 times
Yeah its the Elizabeth street area. Hearing that you feel safe on foot is comforting though! I mostly drive and don't plan on walking around there a whole lot, maybe down to shrewsbury street for drinks.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:06 AM

5 posts, read 8,552 times
Have you looked around the elm/highland area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts