Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,831,331 times

Advertisements

Waltham HS student shot dead last night near Linden and Rt-20. 2nd shooting in that neighborhood (just south of Bentley) in the last 4 months. Are these just isolated incidents or is Waltham going downhill again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,664,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Waltham HS student shot dead last night near Linden and Rt-20. 2nd shooting in that neighborhood (just south of Bentley) in the last 4 months. Are these just isolated incidents or is Waltham going downhill again?
Waltham is one of the town I was considering for my future move so I really hope and don't think that is true. Warrendale adjacent to those townhomes is a really attractive part of Waltham.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 PM

546 posts, read 1,379,690 times
Waltham is a pretty awesome place. I lived near Linden and Rte 20 in the cedarwood section. No place is without crime and I am willing to bet that this is isolated. That area remains pretty goo.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:59 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,995,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lanata View Post
Waltham is a pretty awesome place. I lived near Linden and Rte 20 in the cedarwood section. No place is without crime and I am willing to bet that this is isolated. That area remains pretty goo.
I really hope there wasn't a gunshot just as Bob typed the second "O"!

Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM

14,265 posts, read 14,797,524 times
Quote:
Bob

I was raised in Waltham and I am confused. Linden St and Route 20 (Main St) is in the Warrendale section which is very close to the Watertown/Belmont line. Cedarwood is Route 20 (Main St) and Cedarwood Ave which is very close to the Weston line. Opposite ends of the city. Have they moved stuff?

Warrendale and Cedarwood were considered up market areas of Waltham when I was growing up. Have things changed?

Thanks

Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Sadly, these types of incidents are happening all over the place. I remember a few years ago when that kid in Acton OD'd at the raver concert.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 PM

546 posts, read 1,379,690 times
Scratchie, yes the gunshot scared the d off of the goo lol. I meant to say good. Johngolf, I had my streets mixed up. I lived on Villa Road in Cedarwood. My old back yard could see Woodside Gas Station the Texaco place (hope I got that right) Apologies on that one. Cedarwood was an awesome place to live as well as Warrendale. I just liked Waltham all in all. I grew up in the Hyde Park Section of Boston near Mattapan. I never felt unsafe or worried in that city. The Moody st downtown eateries just kept getting better. One of my favs was the Iguana Cantina (hope it is still there).

Old 03-21-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
One of my favs was the Iguana Cantina (hope it is still there).
Iguana is still around as well as the ever awesome Taqueria Mexico and Solea. I do miss the Dixie Roadhouse, long closed.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:40 PM

14,265 posts, read 14,797,524 times
Quote:
Scratchie, yes the gunshot scared the d off of the goo lol. I meant to say good. Johngolf, I had my streets mixed up. I lived on Villa Road in Cedarwood. My old back yard could see Woodside Gas Station the Texaco place (hope I got that right) Apologies on that one. Cedarwood was an awesome place to live as well as Warrendale. I just liked Waltham all in all. I grew up in the Hyde Park Section of Boston near Mattapan. I never felt unsafe or worried in that city. The Moody st downtown eateries just kept getting better. One of my favs was the Iguana Cantina (hope it is still there).
Aha...Fred Woodside. I have not thought of that name for many years. I assume he is long dead. As kids we walked over to that gas station. He had a Coke and a candy machine. It was the only place close to Cedarwood one could get such. Remember climbing the stone pillar at the entrance to Cedarwood? Where the busses used to stop.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 6,370,661 times
I think this type of story will only become more prevalent in the near future. I am not sure if the trend will reverse in the long term. The drug trade fuels all sorts of crime.

Massachusetts Police Release Stats That Show Heroin Overdoses in That State Are Epidemic
"Massachusetts State police have released alarming statistics on Tuesday that show heroin overdoses are epidemic in that state and have killed almost 190 people and there are most likely very many more. This has happened since November of 2013."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts