Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 07:04 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
But west is in the name!
lol, just like WESTon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 07:12 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,528,212 times
and Westwood. Which I hear is in the Berkshires.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:14 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMA View Post
and Westwood. Which I hear is in the Berkshires.
Don't forget West Roxbury.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:00 AM

576 posts, read 568,223 times
Well,
Westboro is the furthest south of the 'boros, while Southboro borders it to the northeast side. Northboro extends a bit west of it, though Northboro does extend a little further north than Southboro, which actually lies next to, and not much south of Northbor. Eastboro, now called Hudson, is in fact two towns away and further north of them all, although Southboro technically extends a tad bit further east than the former Eastboro. And the town that lies in the middle of it all - no, that's Marlboro. Middleboro is in fact some 30 miles to the southeast of the whole lot.

Old 10-19-2016, 09:21 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Sooner or later we'll probably have to tell them the difference between WMass and the Berkshires.
Yes, both are in the western part of the state.

(running and hiding)

Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sooner or later we'll probably have to tell them the difference between WMass and the Berkshires.
Yes, both are in the western part of the state.

(running and hiding)
No...I beg of you please. Let's not open that can of worms.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
Well,
Westboro is the furthest south of the 'boros, while Southboro borders it to the northeast side. Northboro extends a bit west of it, though Northboro does extend a little further north than Southboro, which actually lies next to, and not much south of Northbor. Eastboro, now called Hudson, is in fact two towns away and further north of them all, although Southboro technically extends a tad bit further east than the former Eastboro. And the town that lies in the middle of it all - no, that's Marlboro. Middleboro is in fact some 30 miles to the southeast of the whole lot.
It's no secret our forefathers had a quirky sense of humor.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:57 AM

50 posts, read 111,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
South coast I consider the fall river and new bedford areas. Wareham might be iffy because that could be considered south coast/south shore and maybe the cape. I consider the cape anything beyond the bridge.

I would agree on 128 being the boston area of the metro.

Berkshires is berkshire county. Anything north of adams can be northern. Pittsfield southern although it isn't really the most southern point.
I think I get what you are saying, though I would put Pittsfield as the dividing line between north and south berkshire county...two different regions demographically (save for Williamstown, a north county town with south county demographics).

South county has more wealth, North County more natural beauty.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:10 AM

50 posts, read 111,376 times
Too funny, yet I agree with you. Everyone in greater boston believes that the regions west of 495 consider it Western Mass. Pushing it, many think Springfield is Western Mass, though many in "western" mass consider Springfield more Central Mass. Curiously, although North of Springfield, I (as a real western Mass person) always thought more of Amherst as Western Mass, while Springfield Central.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:36 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,393,259 times
The North Shore is now anyplace north of Logan Airport and east of 128, if there's a shore or not. I consider the north shore to be from Nahant to Newburyport, if your town touches the water. All those other places is where the help live. Cape Ann is 4 towns, Essex, Rockport, MBTS and Gloucester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts