Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:55 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
Pot smoke is not dangerous to breathe, 0 deaths even in the actual users. It has many cancer anti-dotes in it and does not have the poison nicotine that paralyzes the cilia that clean the lungs. There's been over 1 billion that have used it in the last 10,000+ years and no proven deaths despite 25,000 studies.
Back when we had this same discussion a few months ago someone came on and pointed out the dangers. It's not nicotine, we know that. I can't remember what it was but paper burning and whatever is in actual smoke--there are dangers. Anyway, people have the freedom to breathe fresh air.

It would be impossible to prove deaths anyway and no one is even talking about that. It's the fact that it's an unpleasant smell to many people and it pollutes the air and some get headaches or probably other symptoms from it. I'm not against the right to smoke it in your own home--that's what I used to do myself--but to think that you can walk around smoking up the air that other people breathe, is wrong. Other people have freedoms too. Smoke-free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:58 PM

510 posts, read 370,924 times
If there are so many causes of deaths, why cause another? I just told you it causes 0 deaths. This is not the opinion of 1 person but that of people who spent half their lives studying it, without getting paid by special interest groups.

Ingesting it as food can cause problems, because of a delay in effect if eating as food or swallowing as a liquid. That can cause panic attacks, where 1 has a false belief they are dying when they experience a feeling that is different. Either smoking it or vaporizing it is best for telling almost immediately if the effect is the right amount.

Unfortunately, politicians who know nothing about it pretend vaporizing it is the same as smoking it. This is not true as vaporizing doesn't heat it to the point of combustion, which eliminates most of the smell.

As for the effect on driving, a 2/15 Federal study said alcohol is the only popular "recreational" drug that has a statistically significant effect on driving. Study is on Wikipedia under effects of cannabis and it explains what the other studies failed to consider. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We who don't smoke it want our freedom too. Freedom to not breathe second hand smoke, for one thing. For me, smoke of any kind produces migraines, so there's that too. I don't want to breathe it and I would like to retain my freedom to walk around town or go anywhere and not breathe smoke, either cigarette or weed.

I'm fairly certain it can be baked into foods or taken another way than by smoking it.

I smoked enough in my younger life to know that you should never get behind the wheel of a car after smoking it--

If there are so many deaths, then why add another method? (It should be treated like cigarette smoke--in your own home or in designated smoking areas.)

Old 07-31-2017, 10:04 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
If there are so many causes of deaths, why cause another? I just told you it causes 0 deaths. This is not the opinion of 1 person but that of people who spent half their lives studying it, without getting paid by special interest groups.

Ingesting it as food can cause problems, because of a delay in effect if eating as food or swallowing as a liquid. That can cause panic attacks, where 1 has a false belief they are dying when they experience a feeling that is different. Either smoking it or vaporizing it is best for telling almost immediately if the effect is the right amount.

Unfortunately, politicians who know nothing about it pretend vaporizing it is the same as smoking it. This is not true as vaporizing doesn't heat it to the point of combustion, which eliminates most of the smell.

As for the effect on driving, a 2/15 Federal study said alcohol is the only popular "recreational" drug that has a statistically significant effect on driving. Study is on Wikipedia under effects of cannabis and it explains what the other studies failed to consider. Best wishes.
Then let people vape it, I don't care. As long as I don't have to get a migraine or sinus headache from smoke. As I said, I'm not against it and I used to smoke it. Stopped when the headaches started. Can't be around it now.

I've been around cigarette smokers who vaped and I was fine, no headache at all. That would solve the problem--just don't blow smoke my way, thanks.

As for the effect on driving, I don't need any federal studies because I have smoked it and driven and I KNOW the results. Maybe it's better to be naive like I used to be and as you seem to be. No, not really. I love weed but it does cloud your judgment and it can cause disorientation, which is what it did to me when I drove after smoking.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:42 PM

There's no paper burning if it is smoked in a pipe, and I never heard if the paper burning was a health hazard or not. Many burn wood logs in their fireplaces without fear.

It's not impossible to know over 1 billion have used it and they can't prove any deaths, not even one. If you go to Wikipedia and type in marijuana deaths, it says the page doesn't exist.

Do you object to any smells in the air, including food? Maybe this is a rare condition you share with a few others, and your doctor may or may not know something about it. They don't tell the truth about cannabis.

There could be cannabis clubs where people could smoke it, but the mentally ill lawmakers would say there needed to be extreme ventilation systems, which isn't true. A popular way of smoking it is "hot-boxing" where many smoke it in a small enclosed unventilated area. The oxygen may get low, but nobody dies or has permanent damage. But lawmakers who refuse to study the issue pretend pot=cigs, only worse. If you saw their bribes from Big Pharma, hundreds of thousands to most in Congress & Presidents, much more.

If you get headaches from the smell, I wonder if your doctor would say that's normal? I'm guessing they've never studied it . Could be possible I suppose as I've read of 2 people who vomited from being near others that were smoking it. Looks like you're 1 of very few with 2nd hand effect & sorry about that. Lawmakers need to come up w/places people can use it, not just turn around 100+ miles to your house.
Pot was rated 1/3 as addicting as caffeine, imagine on interstate next caffeine permitted area 100 miles.

Quote:
Back when we had this same discussion a few months ago someone came on and pointed out the dangers. It's not nicotine, we know that. I can't remember what it was but paper burning and whatever is in actual smoke--there are dangers. Anyway, people have the freedom to breathe fresh air.

It would be impossible to prove deaths anyway and no one is even talking about that. It's the fact that it's an unpleasant smell to many people and it pollutes the air and some get headaches or probably other symptoms from it. I'm not against the right to smoke it in your own home--that's what I used to do myself--but to think that you can walk around smoking up the air that other people breathe, is wrong. Other people have freedoms too. Smoke-free.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:13 PM

Good post, thanks! What the 2/15 fed study found was the most heavy pot smokers, males 15-25 were also the heaviest drinkers, and also most likely to take stupid risks in general. So once they subtracted crashes not just because of use, but also in spite of use, they got much lower risk rates. In other words, cannabis can't always fix stupid.

Alcohol can actually shut down whole sections of the brain, and cause temporary blindness before passing out. Cannabis users if they are impaired are generally aware of it, and may compensate by doing things like driving slower, to give them more reaction time. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. Extremely nervous people might only be able to drive after smoking a little weed.

Even if smoking weed is becoming legal all over New England, I'd hope they'll be considerate.

Maybe there will be or already is headache-free weed. There's over 1,700 strains on weeddepot.com/ all with their own effects good & bad listed. Best wishes.

QUOTE=in_newengland;49033312]Then let people vape it, I don't care. As long as I don't have to get a migraine or sinus headache from smoke. As I said, I'm not against it and I used to smoke it. Stopped when the headaches started. Can't be around it now.

I've been around cigarette smokers who vaped and I was fine, no headache at all. That would solve the problem--just don't blow smoke my way, thanks.

As for the effect on driving, I don't need any federal studies because I have smoked it and driven and I KNOW the results. Maybe it's better to be naive like I used to be and as you seem to be. No, not really. I love weed but it does cloud your judgment and it can cause disorientation, which is what it did to me when I drove after smoking.[/quote]

Old 07-31-2017, 11:18 PM

Of course none of what you say applies to cannabis. It's actually quite healthy and gov't banning it in favor of often toxic pills raises health care costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
They[people who chose to use drugs] can tell you what to do with your body when you have to take money out of your pocket [via taxes] and give it to them when what they do to their body becomes a drug addiction and government has to provide health services, treatment centers, and hospices to them

If your taxes are going to be paying for government addiction services for people who use drugs on their body, you do have a say what people can or cant do with their body.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:41 AM

3,219 posts, read 2,121,919 times
Quote:
You should probably never leave your house. Walking in a city is comparable to sitting in a bar full of smokers ...... air wise. Stay home. problem solved.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:57 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
I think the smoke shouldn't be allowed in the air we breathe. I'm not against pot but I don't want to breathe in first or second hand smoke. They'll have to come up with new laws because it's nearly as bad as cigarette smoke used to be.

I don't mind the smell but I do not want the dangers of breathing in smoke. What ever happened to baking it into brownies or something like that? I'd love that.
1. Cigarette smoke is 1,000x more dangerous than pot smoke. Cigs are loaded with added carcinogens, pot is not. The lack of lung cancer cases for long term pot smokers is amazing.

2. Yes, at some point Mass will ban all kinds of public smoking.

3. Don't be precious about "smoke," we breathe in smoke from combustible engines on a daily basis. Again, with modern regulations, it's not as bad as cigarette smoke, but there are lots of bad things in the air we breathe (especially in summer heat).

4. Careful with brownies (with or without cannabis) they can cause obesity.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:37 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Leaving Mansfield Ma Wednesday afternoon, one stop in Raynham Ma,then up to Portsmouth NH

All after 8pm
Shaw's Parking lot in Raynham Mass. Teens standing outside a vehicle.
Parking lot Near Burger King in Easton Ma. Group of young adults and or teens
Individual smoking and Crossing a street in Rye NH. odor centered my vehicle

Its going to get worse when POT being sold in stores begins
I'm just glad you made it out alive. Bunch of close calls.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
They[people who chose to use drugs] can tell you what to do with your body when you have to take money out of your pocket [via taxes] and give it to them when what they do to their body becomes a drug addiction and government has to provide health services, treatment centers, and hospices to them

If your taxes are going to be paying for government addiction services for people who use drugs on their body, you do have a say what people can or cant do with their body.

What does it cost me in taxes? 3 cents? 10 cents?

Yawn.

Why cherry pick? If you are going to play that angle why not chase down people eating copious amounts of sugar in their daily diet. Diabetes? Obesity? Why pick and choose?

Last edited by BostonMike7; 08-01-2017 at 07:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts