Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:32 PM

46 posts, read 114,165 times

Advertisements

Wareham is NOT the cheapest place to live in the area, it is expensive and I live in NYC. Onset IS part of Wareham. A lot of the riff-raff you see is riff-raff from other areas coming in. Wareham has a lot of old families that have been there for generations. Many of whom are homeowners, my family included although I do not reside there. These people travel in their own circles, many send their children out of Wareham for school. Stop generalizing. The drugs are all over the Cape and south coast. Period. Trust people are bringing it in from outside. As long as you don't travel in drug and riff raff circles, you should have no issues. The motels on Cranberry are full of drug activity. Not all neighborhoods are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 07:41 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,696,237 times
That matches the impression I have. I will be at a B and B, not in a motel or on Cranberry Highway. I don't do drugs, and I don't spend time talking with "street people". Sounds like things should be OK if I go about as usual.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:43 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerie View Post
Wareham is NOT the cheapest place to live in the area, it is expensive and I live in NYC. Onset IS part of Wareham. A lot of the riff-raff you see is riff-raff from other areas coming in. Wareham has a lot of old families that have been there for generations. Many of whom are homeowners, my family included although I do not reside there. These people travel in their own circles, many send their children out of Wareham for school. Stop generalizing. The drugs are all over the Cape and south coast. Period. Trust people are bringing it in from outside. As long as you don't travel in drug and riff raff circles, you should have no issues. The motels on Cranberry are full of drug activity. Not all neighborhoods are.
Compared to what, New Bedford?
It is certainly MUCH cheaper than Marion, Rochester and Bourne, and overall cheaper than Plymouth, Carver and Middleboro.
I don't know where you found info about Riff Raff coming in, there's plenty in Oakdale, White Island etc.
Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the right home there because you get more for your money, I also do not have school age children.
I worked there for many years, a friend teaches there and many friends live there. It's no generalization, the lower income and higher crime make it less desireable than surrounding areas... except New Bedford.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:29 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
The kids I knew of from Wareham/with ties to Wareham all seemed like what i would call 'lightweight gangbangers OR drug ABUSERS' Lotta kids that had been kicked out of private schools or had issues in public schools...they were into fighting.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:54 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,853,038 times
It's a town with more drugs than dreams. Dangerous ? No. Depressing ? Could be.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:51 AM

21,629 posts, read 12,746,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
That matches the impression I have. I will be at a B and B, not in a motel or on Cranberry Highway. I don't do drugs, and I don't spend time talking with "street people". Sounds like things should be OK if I go about as usual.
A BnB in Wareham. BnB's are a gamble as is. I wouldn't be surprised if something sketchy/less than satisfactory/drug-related happened on or near the premises during your stay..Make sure it has a high rating and rave reviews.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:07 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,696,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
A BnB in Wareham. BnB's are a gamble as is. I wouldn't be surprised if something sketchy/less than satisfactory/drug-related happened on or near the premises during your stay..Make sure it has a high rating and rave reviews.
If you're trying to scare me, it ain't working. I always read reviews before booking. My experiences with B and Bs have been very good overall, though I stay at them less often than camping or moteling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts