Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 09:21 PM

17,670 posts, read 9,168,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
$300 a zip is in non-legal markets. In Oregon it's half that, or less, thanks to overproduction and a shortage of licensed outlets.
Irrelevant. It has always cost more in the northeast. Oregon is supplied by outdoor Northern California growers.

Last edited by redplum33; 04-24-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Though one big risk that marijuana shops have is the cash only aspect.
That's the main reason I don't think we will see stores in MA. Well, at least while Jeff Sessions is Attorney General.

The stores can't even open a bank account.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
^I'd actually argue that legalization will reduce break ins, more so when retail marijuana shops open. You'll most likely see large grow facilities with strong security rather then people growing batches to sell in their homes.
If the stores open, it is gonna be expensive. The prices quoted in this thread are not realistic. With tax, it will probably be $70 for an eighth.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Good god this is just beyond whack. No one is growing 10 pounds for their freaking personal use. If they're harvesting anywhere near that amount, they are dealing.

I know plenty of people that grow, they have no reason to grow more than they use. It's takes energy and resources to do it right.

Simply, more off base crud. You can be assured, if a house is targeted for a large quantity of weed, they are targeting an illegal seller.

I know you'll keep going down the rabbit hole of tangents trying to (wrongly) counter me, but we know you're wrong. Why don't you dig through another 3-4 years of my personal posting history (as you seem to love to do) trying to find something else to nit pick since stalking seems to be your thing.

What to do when unable to formulate a valid counter-argument:

1. Start off with some black slang from 1998.
2. Repeat the same drivel from previous posts.
3. Finish with a personal attack.
4. Hope nobody notices.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:58 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
What to do when unable to formulate a valid counter-argument:

1. Start off with some black slang from 1998.
2. Repeat the same drivel from previous posts.
3. Finish with a personal attack.
4. Hope nobody notices.

You have no argument.

1)You aren't addressing the point of the post (which has to do with legal marijuana businesses)
2) You aren't making any relevant point (see above)
3) You aren't making any sense (people aren't growing pounds for personal use in their homes), if they're making that much, they're supplying others.
4) People growing some stuff for themselves aren't going to be targeted by criminals since they aren't actually growing much and no one actually knows they're doing it (if they aren't morons, maybe these are the people you know?).
5) Illegal dealers (the ones targeted in their homes) have been targeted forever.
6) If a house is broken into an Ipad is stolen, are we going to say they were targeted for the Ipad? No, they were broken into an the Ipad was stolen. Same with weed. Will personal weed sometimes be taken? Sure, personal anything of value will be taken during opportunistic (not targeted) crimes. NEWSFLASH.

These 6 points are 100000% correct.

If you actually want to make a correct, coherent, on topic relevant post, do so. If all you want to do is be wrong in the hopes of trying to refute someone that actually has a coherent and correct point, then keep posting.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
^I'd actually argue that legalization will reduce break ins, more so when retail marijuana shops open. You'll most likely see large grow facilities with strong security rather then people growing batches to sell in their homes.

Though one big risk that marijuana shops have is the cash only aspect.

Yup.

See, a poster that makes actual sense. It's refreshing!

Old 04-25-2018, 07:55 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,137,060 times
Quote:
If the stores open, it is gonna be expensive. The prices quoted in this thread are not realistic. With tax, it will probably be $70 for an eighth.
If illegal dealers are currently buying west-coast marijuana and selling it locally for $40 an 1/8th, I'm doubtful a legitimate business with greater buying power, even with overhead, can't match these numbers. Economy of scale.

You're inflating numbers to support your vague argument, even when a number posters have pointed out a serious flaw - it's a 'cash crop' and stealing a 'cash crop' requires excellent timing (ready to be processed or post processed), skill (to process, assuming most operations one have pounds dried and stored), and some degree of logistics (to transport, distribute). What makes you believe that people will trouble themselves when even the most innocent/accidental drug dealers realize they can flip synth-opiates for 800% margins?

Old 04-25-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You have no argument.

1)You aren't addressing the point of the post (which has to do with legal marijuana businesses)
I've commented on legal marijuana businesses. The thread turned to a discussion regarding break-ins and home growers.

Quote:
2) You aren't making any relevant point (see above)
See below.

Quote:
3) You aren't making any sense (people aren't growing pounds for personal use in their homes), if they're making that much, they're supplying others.
You don't think I'm making sense because you have a limited understanding of the subject.

(Friendly advice: it's not necessary to jump in on every thread, especially those where you lack knowledge. For example - the Somerville thread when you started talking politics. You made a complete fool of yourself and got schooled.)

People that know what they are doing are most certainly yielding pounds. As noted earlier in this thread, there are no longer obstacles. And these are not necessarily dealers. Sure, some are but some aren't. You're painting with too wide a brush. There are absolutely people with nice setups that are growing for personal use, to share with friends, and to just enjoy life.

You've mentioned that you "know plenty of growers." Based on your other comments, I'm going to assume you're talking about the typical bush league setup: seeds from Mexican brick, a couple plants in a tiny tin foil lined closet, a cheap lamp from Home Depot, and a bottle of miracle gro. The end result likely being a lot of leaf and basically a minor high after consuming several beers.

Quote:
4) People growing some stuff for themselves aren't going to be targeted by criminals since they aren't actually growing much and no one actually knows they're doing it (if they aren't morons, maybe these are the people you know?).
As I've already said in this thead, people talk. People brag. Word gets to the wrong person and you have the potential for a targeted break-in. You're a perfect example. You've gone on a public forum and mentioned that you "know plenty of growers." Of course you haven't provided any details here but I can picture a scenario where you're hanging out with some friends, get a couple beers in you, and shoot your mouth off.

Let's face it, unless you're directly involved, you shouldn't even know about anyone growing. But yet you "know plenty of growers." Again, people talk. People brag. The idea that "no one actually knows they're doing it" is rarely true and you're proof of that.

Quote:
5) Illegal dealers (the ones targeted in their homes) have been targeted forever.
Irrelevant to this discussion.

Quote:
6) If a house is broken into an Ipad is stolen, are we going to say they were targeted for the Ipad? No, they were broken into an the Ipad was stolen. Same with weed. Will personal weed sometimes be taken? Sure, personal anything of value will be taken during opportunistic (not targeted) crimes. NEWSFLASH.
Also irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion is about targeted break-ins, not random ones.

And when there is a targeted break-in for marijuana, 9 times out of 10 the person breaking-in knows in advance exactly what is there.

Quote:
These 6 points are 100000% correct.
See above. Specifically, the friendly advice I offered in response to #3.

Quote:
If you actually want to make a correct, coherent, on topic relevant post, do so. If all you want to do is be wrong in the hopes of trying to refute someone that actually has a coherent and correct point, then keep posting.
I hope that you can recognize that this is the Somerville politics thread all over again.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
If illegal dealers are currently buying west-coast marijuana and selling it locally for $40 an 1/8th, I'm doubtful a legitimate business with greater buying power, even with overhead, can't match these numbers. Economy of scale.

You're inflating numbers to support your vague argument, even when a number posters have pointed out a serious flaw - it's a 'cash crop' and stealing a 'cash crop' requires excellent timing (ready to be processed or post processed), skill (to process, assuming most operations one have pounds dried and stored), and some degree of logistics (to transport, distribute). What makes you believe that people will trouble themselves when even the most innocent/accidental drug dealers realize they can flip synth-opiates for 800% margins?
How am I inflating numbers? The price for an eighth at the medical dispensaries is $50 to $55. It should be the same price at the recreational stores but will have a huge state tax added to it. $70 sounds about right.

And there is no such flaw to my "vague argument". As I said to timberline:

"And when there is a targeted break-in for marijuana, 9 times out of 10 the person breaking-in knows in advance exactly what is there."

Old 04-25-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:

You don't think I'm making sense because you have a limited understanding of the subject.

(Friendly advice: it's not necessary to jump in on every thread, especially those where you lack knowledge. For example - the Somerville thread when you started talking politics. You made a complete fool of yourself and got schooled.).

I assure you, I have forgotten more on this subject than you will ever ever know. It's clear you haven't a clue.

And no, I actually didn't. Not once.

Quote:
People that know what they are doing are most certainly yielding pounds. As noted earlier in this thread, there are no longer obstacles. And these are not necessarily dealers. Sure, some are but some aren't. You're painting with too wide a brush. There are absolutely people with nice setups that are growing for personal use, to share with friends, and to just enjoy life..
Sharing = supplying others. Illegal. Breaking the law. That's how they get targeted. Thanks for proving my point. They aren't growing pounds for themselves. They are breaking the law. Even the most extreme smokers (and I know many) who (of course) use higher end KB, aren't going through pounds personally every six months. Not happening. You don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
You've mentioned that you "know plenty of growers." Based on your other comments, I'm going to assume you're talking about the typical bush league setup: seeds from Mexican brick, a couple plants in a tiny tin foil lined closet, a cheap lamp from Home Depot, and a bottle of miracle gro. The end result likely being a lot of leaf and basically a minor high after consuming several beers. .
Nope. Nothing of the like. Again, you're showing your ignorance. Higher end northern lights, blueberries and bubblegums mostly. Each statement you make is more incorrect than the next.

Quote:
As I've already said in this thead, people talk. People brag. Word gets to the wrong person and you have the potential for a targeted break-in. You're a perfect example. You've gone on a public forum and mentioned that you "know plenty of growers." Of course you haven't provided any details here but I can picture a scenario where you're hanging out with some friends, get a couple beers in you, and shoot your mouth off..

Idiots brag. Morons brag. Dealers and suppliers brag. People that grow for personal use never mention it, except to very trusted people, usually to exchange tips.

Quote:
Let's face it, unless you're directly involved, you shouldn't even know about anyone growing. But yet you "know plenty of growers." Again, people talk. People brag. The idea that "no one actually knows they're doing it" is rarely true and you're proof of that. .
This statement is barely English and makes no sense. I'll just chalk it up to lack of reading comprehension.

Quote:
Also irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion is about targeted break-ins, not random ones.

And when there is a targeted break-in for marijuana, 9 times out of 10 the person breaking-in knows in advance exactly what is there..
Which only happens if the person is a dealer/supplying (aka illegal), which has nothing to do with what we are talking about. So, yawn.

Quote:
See above. Specifically, the friendly advice I offered in response to #3...
Incorrect "advice", again. You plum haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.

Quote:
I hope that you can recognize that this is the Somerville politics thread all over again.
Yes, you are making a mockery of yourself and don't know what you are talking about, and it is plain for everyone to see. You started it with feeling scared standing around a bunch of Northeastern students at night at Ruggles and haven't quit yet. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts