Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 PM

108 posts, read 412,837 times

Advertisements

I am looking for accomodations for a weekend in September in this area.
Does anyone know of the Sesuit Harbor Motel? Trip Advisor gives it mixed reviews but the price is right...or maybe not.

Any recommendations for lodging under $100 would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,625,672 times
Wow I wish I could help you on this since I used to live on Cape Cod. If you're looking for a place for under $100 you're going to have a tough time in September depending on when you go. If you go after Labor Day I'm sure you could get a room for close to $100 but it would not be a nice place. Rates in the summer skyrocket and if you're looking for a quality place near or on the water you'll pay well over $100/night. If you're just looking for a place to sleep though there may be some places. Look at the Cape Cod Times online and look under lodging for motels. I really feel you're going to have a hard time in this price range during that time of year though. Especially since the towns you're looking at are very touristy.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 PM

45 posts, read 229,343 times
Default Lodging Cape

There aren't all that many places that have lodging for under $100 in Sept. but there may be a couple of things that you could do. In Brewster the Old Sea Pines Inn might have something and in Dennis the Kingfisher Lodge on Rte 6A is decent and you're not too far from the beach. It may be a little more expensive but you might want to check out the Isaiah Hall B&B in Dennis. If you don't mind traveling a bit, the Spring Garden Inn in Sandwich on Rte. 6A is beautiful! I grew up in Dennis and was married there and had my reception in Sandwich. We reserved the whole inn for our wedding party and they had a blast! It is situated on a lovely marsh and is in a great location - not too long a trip to Dennis, Brewster or Harwich and the rates are decent. I also always check out Vacation Rentals By Owner -www.vrbo.com - and I've used them a couple of time and have loved every place I've stayed in.

Good luck!
Katie

Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM

Thanks, I am finding that the price range is a little tight but I am finding many off season rates.

I ran across Breezy Knoll Cottages in West Dennis and a couple of VRBO cottages.. one on Thad Ellis Rd in Brewster.

Also found Bluefish B&B in Harwich and the Conch Inn in Dennisport.
Is anyone familiar with these places?

Thanks again.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM

They don't sound familiar but you're doing the right thing by looking at B&B's and cottages. I'm sure you can find effeciencies that probably only charge about $50/day as well. I know of some in Sandwich that charge that much. Extremely small places but if you're on a budget and won't be spending much time in them I say go for it. Motels on the Mid and Lower Cape are going to be above $100/night since this is the summer.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:30 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,107,941 times
I've called the CC Chamber of Commerce before and gotten good advice. They're online at Cape Cod Travel, Tourism, Vacations, Accommodations, Restaurants, and Tourist Information.

If you're an AAA member you can also check motels online or get a guidebook from their office. In my experience, if a motel/hotel is not listed in the AAA book, stay far, far, far away from it. And of course you get the standard AAA discount. I always check all the possible discounts, online and just by calling or writing directly to the hotels.

Trying to book vacations on the Cape in the past couple years, I found the better-known B&Bs, cabins and cottage to be relatively pricey. Some bigger Cape motels/hotels offer great weekend packages in the fall (not on holiday weekends though, generally) - you have to keep checking back.

The Cove in Orleans (next to Brewster) is pretty nice, some rooms have fireplaces and the firewood was (is?) free The Cove on the Waterfront It's within walking distance of restaurants too.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:41 PM

You also may want to try using priceline to bid on a room. If a hotel isn't sold out they'd rather have $100/night than nothing at all. You might be able to stay at a really nice place too.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:49 AM

Good suggestions, thank you both!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 AM

Not a problem. If I were you I'd pick Harwich. It's a beautiful town. Brewster is a nice town but there is nothing going on there. Dennis is busy in the summer but you are close to Yarmouth and Barnstable which is where a lot of action takes place in the summer.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Thanks again..We decided on Harwich..found a B&B that has great reviews!
Here's a tidbit that I didn't know about. B&B's with less that 4 rooms do not charge state taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts