Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 09:43 AM

113 posts, read 77,423 times

Advertisements

Our search for a combination of pleasant location, convenience to amenities, well-kept house with some room, reasonable taxes and reasonable asking prices ... this seems to be driving us to some of the nicer sections of Milford as a distinct possibility. I would LOVE to hear - and would really appreciate - any and all thoughts/opinions people may have on the good/bad/ugly as it relates to Milford. Especially if you have personal experience with the town in any way. Including what are some of the nicer streets/neighborhoods in town. I am planning to see this house on Saturday:

48 Sunset Drive
https://www.estately.com/listings/info/48-sunset-dr--7

Thank you everybody for your help, I can't say thank you enough! I'll keep you all posted.

Let the robust conversation begin!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 11:19 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,642,323 times
I like this location in Milford. I drive through this area fairly often. The homes are well kept. Most if not all of the streets in that neighborhood have sidewalks. The Upper Charles Trail in Milford is lovely for dog walking. You can park at Louisa Lake and take it south or north from there. Great for cycling too. Amenities are close by in Milford and Westborough. Within a few miles you have BigY, Aldi, a huge clean new super Stop & Shop, Roche Brothers, Shaw's, Price Chopper for grocery stores, and Lowe's, Staples for other day-to-day needs. This part of Milford borders really nice towns too (Upton, Westborough, Hopkinton, Holliston). I say target your search here.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Thank you for the feedback! Very helpful! It does seem like a nice area from my preliminary research! Driving by this afternoon to do some more in-depth looking around.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:26 AM

Access to 495 seems like it might take less than 10 minutes, which is my travel route to work ... any idea on what the drive out to route 9 in Framingham might be like? I think waze says it is 25-ish minutes or so, which doesn't sound horrible! Back roads I believe ... I'm sure add 10-15 minutes for commuting traffic etc.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:28 PM

307 posts, read 164,247 times
Great yard! Looks bigger than the Franklin house and doesn't seem to be on a main road either. I have liked all 3 that you posted though you said the first one needed work. Is this move in condition?

Old 07-07-2020, 01:43 PM

92 posts, read 81,940 times
I live a couple of miles from there. That's a nice well-kept neighborhood (as are most in this corner of town) and a decent commuting location that is still away from the highway so it should be quiet. One thing to note is that behind that house is a large apartment complex (Rolling Green) (nothing sinister-just potentially noisier/busier than the rest of the single family home neighborhood that surrounds it.) The good thing is that there is a large wooded buffer between the complex and this house, so I'd assume noise shouldn't flow through much to Sunset.

As an FYI, houses in Milford have been flying off the market very fast as of late-in fact 3 have sold in my neighborhood in the last couple of months completely by word-of-mouth (no realtors at all) all within a few days. If you like it I'd get out there to see it ASAP

Old 07-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Otter - this one I believe is move-in ready, though not 100% sure. However if the exterior photos and deck pictures are any indication, this place is good to go.

Thank you Beer - I was wondering about that complex, I am heading out now to go see where that is in relation to this house. Definitely something I keep in mind, I have shied away from places near apartment complexes for the reasons you stated. Plus apartment complexes in Milford in particular ... could be a little issue. We will see. Heading out now to go take a look!

Old 07-07-2020, 05:46 PM

Took a drive around the neighborhood today, spoke with a few people ... seems great. House has really nice curb appeal and they finally posted some interior pictures ... looks very, very nice. Going to see it this weekend with the realtor - we'll see what happens, fingers crossed, looks like a great option.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:48 AM

448 posts, read 282,215 times
I think there are a few apartment complexes close by. We like the town. We like the schools. We like the 10 dunkin donuts locations (close to 10).

We dont like the amazon trucks driving around, but thats a small price to pay. We looked in that area before moving to where we are now.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:52 AM

307 posts, read 164,247 times
Whoever renovated it did an amazing job. Good luck, I hope you get it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts