Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 07:34 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,200,396 times

Advertisements

As the resident Burlington resident, I think here would work. It has everything you are looking for. New construction is in the $900K+ range but trending higher. As property taxes are fairly low, it may allow you to stretch your housing budget a bit more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 12:38 PM

79 posts, read 87,025 times
OP, here is one source’s list for Highest % of Indian population in MA:
1. Burlington, Massachusetts
2. Westborough, Massachusetts
3. Boxborough, Massachusetts
4. Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5. Norwood, Massachusetts
6. Acton, Massachusetts
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Acton & Boxborough share a school district — one that always tops every list of powerhouse school districts in MA. The high school is about 50% Asian (primarily Chinese and Indian). You will find plenty of housing options in your price range. Boxborough is somewhat more rural and affordable than Acton. Acton is more typically suburban. Several neighborhoods in North Acton are very popular with Indian families: North Acton Woods, Bellows Farm, Robbins Mill, etc. The district has school choice, meaning that you can select your child’s elementary school from six different schools no matter where you live. Conant is historically the most popular elementary school for Asian students (I believe it is followed by Gates).

Last edited by Yac; 08-26-2020 at 01:35 AM..

Old 08-24-2020, 12:57 PM

5,016 posts, read 3,911,008 times
[quote=Idontwanttocheckmymessage;58984676]OP, here is one source’s list for Highest % of Indian population in MA:
6. Acton, Massachusetts
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
This seems really inaccurate, at best. Only 3% of Acton is Indian? I'd be shocked if it is <10% as I believe it has a larger Indian community than Westford which is 10% of the 24k residents.

But, point remains the same. Burlington is the best bet if you can find the right house, otherwise Westford/Acton are optimal.

Last edited by Yac; 08-26-2020 at 01:36 AM..

Old 08-24-2020, 01:07 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,777,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
This seems really inaccurate, at best. Only 3% of Acton is Indian? I'd be shocked if it is <10% as I believe it has a larger Indian community than Westford which is 10% of the 24k residents.

But, point remains the same. Burlington is the best bet if you can find the right house, otherwise Westford/Acton are optimal.
IIRC Acton's Asian population is more Chinese.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:25 PM

5,016 posts, read 3,911,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
IIRC Acton's Asian population is more Chinese.
Fair, but Acton is now 25% Asian, which would essentially mean 22% Chinese and 3% Indian. All it takes is to go grocery shopping in Acton or go to an event at AB to know there is no such gap.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:46 PM

4,621 posts, read 4,888,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontwanttocheckmymessage View Post
6. Acton, Massachusetts
CN: Shrewsbury/Westborough area would be great culturally but an awful commute. It's an hour without traffic.
Driving down route 9 between Quinsig and us-20 there are 3 or 4 Indian grocers and quite a few restaurants.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:37 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,255,600 times
Lexington

Old 08-24-2020, 06:13 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,200,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Lexington
That would be tough on a $900K budget.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:53 AM

9 posts, read 20,543 times
Thank you for all the responses. I am looking into all these areas. Problem is finding houses that stay on the market. Shrewsbury is seeming as my primary area of choice as of now. I believe it has a pretty good public school system ( please correct me if I am wrong ).

Problem in Shrewsbury is the nicer homes that come on the market are literally selling off in a matter of days. New construction looks good but may take more time for us to move and get settled.

On a separate note, are there any new Home constructionS/ communities in Shrewsbury/Westborough that one would recommend I can check out? Example - Someone told me about Farm View Estates.

I really appreciate everyone’s responses. Very helpful to learn more about the local neighborhoods.

Last edited by Riba79; 08-25-2020 at 09:10 AM..

Old 08-25-2020, 01:21 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,136,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riba79 View Post

On a separate note, are there any new Home constructionS/ communities in Shrewsbury/Westborough that one would recommend I can check out? Example - Someone told me about Farm View Estates.
As a former Shrewsbury resident who remains very aware of the on goings within, I can say a few builders in town are building specifically for Indian buyers (i.e., new build townhomes with large sqft). ... quality is low and costs are high. IMO, you'll find much better value buying a slightly dated home in the north side of town; however, I know there's some cultural aversion to buying a 'used' home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts