Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2023, 06:47 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,780,522 times

Advertisements

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Lynn/49-La.../home/11573432

Here's a condo in Lynn that's not selling. Originally put on the market at 319k, down to 260k. 108 DOM. Says not FHA compliant either, probably because most of the units are rented out. Keep in mind 260k is still 2 grand a month. Looks like a lousy area too.

https://www.redfin.com/MA/Lynn/49-Mu.../home/11584992

This condo in Lynn is close to the CR stop... except they closed the stop, and being Lynn, who knows if they will ever make the necessary repairs to reopen it. Yet nobody seemed to have told the seller's realtor that. Originally put on the market at 360k, down to 299k. Also claims it's 780 sqft which seems rather generous. 95 DOM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2023, 11:49 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
You don't need a realtor for making a purchase. You just need the lawyer to represent you. I go directly to the listing agent when buying a property, they are more likely to work with you since they get both commissions. The agent on both the buyers side and sellers side doesn't know jack about the home, that's why I do my own research. Just like when you buy a car, these days buyers know more about the vehicle than the salesman.
Technically don't need one to buy or sell, but I want one when I'm buying a home that's not located locally. I need someone local to that area who knows the local (to that home) market, can do research on current and upcoming listings, and can serve as boots on the ground to narrow down candidates and minimize the number of trips I'm making out to look at homes.

Call them an agent, realtor, or Bob, but the fact remains that there are most certainly situations where a buyer also wants to hire a realtor to make a purchase.

Old 07-09-2023, 03:07 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Technically don't need one to buy or sell, but I want one when I'm buying a home that's not located locally. I need someone local to that area who knows the local (to that home) market, can do research on current and upcoming listings, and can serve as boots on the ground to narrow down candidates and minimize the number of trips I'm making out to look at homes.

Call them an agent, realtor, or Bob, but the fact remains that there are most certainly situations where a buyer also wants to hire a realtor to make a purchase.
You can just ask on City Data, people here know everything.

Old 07-09-2023, 05:20 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
you can just ask on city data, people here know everything.
+1

Old 07-10-2023, 04:03 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:

You want a buyer's broker.

Old 07-10-2023, 04:59 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,359,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
This^ Especially in a market you don't know. Realtors have relationships.

We learned our lesson after making a crazy transaction last summer. Without a broker who could finesse the situation, it would not have happened.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:46 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:

I'll agree. A house nearby was FSBO for about 6 weeks - nothing more than a sign out front and a Facebook post.

Realtor sign went up about 10 days ago and now listed as Under Contract. The price was adjusted about $10K and away it went.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:48 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Do you mean a real buyer's broker who gets paid by the buyer for finding a house and closing the deal and not a broker who is shares in the commission from the sale?

Old 07-10-2023, 10:21 AM

3,626 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I'll agree. A house nearby was FSBO for about 6 weeks - nothing more than a sign out front and a Facebook post.

Realtor sign went up about 10 days ago and now listed as Under Contract. The price was adjusted about $10K and away it went.
It probably would have sold just as quick w/out a realtor if he had paid the $~400 fee to get an entry only listing in the MLS and had some decent photos. Could have saved him/herself thousands. It's getting the exposure in the MLS that is key. You don't need a realtor for that and you don't need a realtor to open the door for buyers. If you're confident in your negotiating skills FSBO is the way to go.

Old 07-10-2023, 11:12 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Do you mean a real buyer's broker who gets paid by the buyer for finding a house and closing the deal and not a broker who is shares in the commission from the sale?
Some buyer's brokers will not charge you anything, they make their money on the sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts