Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 07:39 PM

3,623 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"Hanson told police at the scene that his wife was cheating on him, and he expressed that he 'couldn't believe he did that,' according to the prosecutor."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-guilty.html
Maybe laying the groundwork for an insanity plea by saying 'couldn't believe he did that'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2023, 08:25 PM

16,407 posts, read 8,198,277 times
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/new...anson/44565136

'He hasn't given me access to our finances in over a year. I have to charge food, clothes and household items. He is drinking, stole all the kids' money, and spends $10,000 on shoes.'

10k on shoes ? I'd have killed him. Seriously that sounds like financial abuse. I guess that is the bad part about becoming financially dependent on someone else. You never know how it might pan out.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:53 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
"Hanson told police at the scene that his wife was cheating on him, and he expressed that he 'couldn't believe he did that,' according to the prosecutor."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-guilty.html
This guy is a POS and this is one instance where I'd be ok with the death penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/new...anson/44565136

'He hasn't given me access to our finances in over a year. I have to charge food, clothes and household items. He is drinking, stole all the kids' money, and spends $10,000 on shoes.'

10k on shoes ? I'd have killed him. Seriously that sounds like financial abuse. I guess that is the bad part about becoming financially dependent on someone else. You never know how it might pan out.
It sounds like she was making a plan to leave after this had been probably going on for a long time. Yet another tragic instance where the murder occurs when the wife is about to actually leave.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:07 AM

Sad. It sounds like she had been financially dependent on him for a while as well...I know many stay at home wives who haven't worked in years and i could see where it wouldn't be particularly easy to just immediately leave when there are kids involved. People always give the advice of, just leave, but not everyone has a place to go.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:16 AM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times
I love it when you get your anti-death penalty people go on about "well this is one exception where I would be OK with it!".

Old 07-18-2023, 10:45 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I love it when you get your anti-death penalty people go on about "well this is one exception where I would be OK with it!".
I mean this was awful in that he did this in front of his kids, but there are sadly many murders that take place in front of children.

I heard of stories of people abusing/killing animals and I think they should get the death penalty or be given the same type of torture. It enrages me how easily animal abuse victims get off. Gross.

Last edited by msRB311; 07-18-2023 at 11:42 AM..

Old 07-18-2023, 11:27 AM

3,623 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Sad. It sounds like she had been financially dependent on him for a while as well...I know many stay at home wives who haven't worked in years and i could see where it wouldn't be particularly easy to just immediately leave when there are kids involved. People always give the advice of, just leave, but not everyone has a place to go.
It's not like she didn't work...I read she taught online zumba classes which it mentioned the husband complained about them interfering with his WFH. Not sure how much online zumba instructors make lol Sounds a bit scandalous....whenever I hear of zumba I think about that case up in Kennebunk ME of the woman teaching zumba classes but it was really something much more scandalous than that!

Old 07-18-2023, 11:43 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It's not like she didn't work...I read she taught online zumba classes which it mentioned the husband complained about them interfering with his WFH. Not sure how much online zumba instructors make lol Sounds a bit scandalous....whenever I hear of zumba I think about that case up in Kennebunk ME of the woman teaching zumba classes but it was really something much more scandalous than that!
I saw that too but when she was filling the restraining order she said he had an account of money that she couldnt get to and was having to charge everything. So whatever she was making wasn't enough to cover the expenses much...and why he was keeping money from her expecting her to be the one to pay for the kids, etc is messed up

Old 07-18-2023, 12:26 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Wouldn’t that be more an indication that they’re really in favor of a more selective death penalty?

Old 07-18-2023, 12:44 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
Quote:
It's not the one exception. There needs to be absolutely zero question about guilt. And this was particularly egregious. And this was in the making for a long time. He intended to do it. He has tremendously harmed his own children and he doesn't even care.

So, yes. Here I would be ok with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts