Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2023, 03:02 PM

958 posts, read 530,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Cosmetic surgery is popular, too. Thankfully, I don't think there's been any heart surgeons operating illegally yet
Well... Americans are flying to other countries to fix teeth cheaper. Including to Mexico. If there is a demand supply will be available at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 03:18 PM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Crazy!!! But I am not very surprised. With prices for dental services... what should poor and not so poor people do? Ethnic illegal dentistry exists.
Usually doctors are legally here, but they do not have license to practice here.

In this case in Brooklyn, NY .. Medicaid was billed https://www.forumdaily.com/en/v-nyu-...-bez-licenzii/

Another place https://www.mysuncoast.com/2021/01/0...ntal-services/
Well lots of dental schools offer free services if you're willing to have a student do your work under the supervision of someone more experienced. I'd say that's a lot safer and a legal way to get work you need.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:32 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/o...e/70894955007/

I don't think many people are going to be too keen on helping migrants.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:41 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
I see no reason to be mad at these people. Be mad at whoever is sending them here.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:46 PM

3,586 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I see no reason to be mad at these people. Be mad at whoever is sending them here.
We can be mad at them too! Did you see the ones who are playing dentist in an illegal shop in Milford? Or what about the ones who are driving and kill someone due to their recklessness? Or the ones who are stealing from hardworking people? Yeah, we can be mad at them too....all of them.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:50 PM

Yep...hard not to be mad at people coming here and getting free sh*t and shelter. Must be nice to just walk out of a bad situation and be taken care of.

Old 09-24-2023, 05:00 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
We can be mad at them too! Did you see the ones who are playing dentist in an illegal shop in Milford? Or what about the ones who are driving and kill someone due to their recklessness? Or the ones who are stealing from hardworking people? Yeah, we can be mad at them too....all of them.
Of course we can, and should be mad at all of them. But that's not all or most of these migrants (are any of those examples even part of this recent wave???). This of course doesn't mean we must not look after and protect our own interests, but getting "angry" at people for looking after their own interests is kind of pointless. If we are encouraging people to come to our state through overly generous freebies, that is nobody's fault but our own.

Old 09-24-2023, 05:06 PM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Of course we can, and should be mad at all of them. But that's not all or most of these migrants (are any of those examples even part of this recent wave???). This of course doesn't mean we must not look after and protect our own interests, but getting "angry" at people for looking after their own interests is kind of pointless. If we are encouraging people to come to our state through overly generous freebies, that is nobody's fault but our own.
Take away the freebies and the freeloaders will go away leaving only the people who are willing to work to contribute to society.

Old 09-24-2023, 05:08 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Wow that is embarrassing. Lots of screeching boomers and megakarens. These people are all about law and order but have to get kicked out for not playing by the rules. The guy who actually grew up there is the only one making any sense.
How is it "embarrassing to you? There's nothing wrong with expecting those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
They just came here with nothing, many people have an attic full of old kids toys/books to donate, help explain where they can obtain food or other necessities locally, show them where the bus stop is, designate English speakers amongst the group to help if there is a crisis or emergency. The government is obviously incompetent so I'd have no trust they're doing these things without talking to them.

If I actually sat and thought about it I could come up with a few dozen more. The facts are just like that guy said, they are here to stay for now and there will probably be more to come. It is reasonable to be not happy they are here and hope that they move along asap. I'm not sure how screaming at them or in some cases having literal nsc-131 nazi marches helps.
^^^^We have millions of Americans who are suffering and need help. Have you ever heard the expression "Charity starts at home"? Do you even know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over after doing so, then help those who are legal immigrants who obeyed our immigration laws. For example, would you feed, clothe and shelter total strangers and let your own family do without?

How many so-called "migrants" have you taken into your own home? Or do you just talk the talk and refuse to walk the walk?

Old 09-24-2023, 05:10 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I get what you're saying but it isn't 'we' who are encouraging anyone to come here. The red states are shipping migrants to blue states. I also get their point, but to say we are encouraging migrants to come here and be taken care of by our tax dollars, schools, hospitals and hotels is not true. And that's why people are mad. It's not going to go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts