Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:14 PM

14 posts, read 5,938 times

Advertisements

“I am not defending underage marriage at all. I just don’t think it’s the same thing exactly as pulling a child from a bus stop and sexually assaulting that child,” Tucker said.

The hosts of the show pushed back, saying that what Jeff did was arguably worse because it was “more planned out and plotted.”

Tucker disagreed and said, “hold on a second. The rapist, in this case, has made a lifelong commitment to live and take care of the person, so it is a little different. I mean, let’s be honest about it.”

This guy is truly insane. According to Tucker, Jeff Warren was not as bad as a child rapist who takes kids away from a bus stop because he was “committed” to taking care of those children he married. I don’t know what to say.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:15 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Because Joy Reid is a black woman and firing minorities is not a good image in the eyes of Americans.

Carlson is a white male who is controversial and white males are facing a reckoning.

Ralph Northum, the Democratic Gov of Virginia, was photographed wearing a Klan robe & he hasn't stepped down.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:16 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Never heard of Bubba.

Guy legally changed his name to Bubba the Love Sponge Clem. Looks like he now lives in a trailer park in Florida.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_the_Love_Sponge
well, not everyone can be as talented as Howard Stern. The show is tasteless. If I were Carlson, I'd apologize for going to that show.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:23 PM

493 posts, read 514,496 times
Bye Felicia!

Old 03-11-2019, 12:24 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy381 View Post
“I am not defending underage marriage at all. I just don’t think it’s the same thing exactly as pulling a child from a bus stop and sexually assaulting that child,” Tucker said.

The hosts of the show pushed back, saying that what Jeff did was arguably worse because it was “more planned out and plotted.”

Tucker disagreed and said, “hold on a second. The rapist, in this case, has made a lifelong commitment to live and take care of the person, so it is a little different. I mean, let’s be honest about it.”

This guy is truly insane. According to Tucker, Jeff Warren was not as bad as a child rapist who takes kids away from a bus stop because he was “committed” to taking care of those children he married. I don’t know what to say.
Yes, the host of this show - who in another episode laughed about the first time he choked his girlfriend into unconsciousness - was even shocked at Tucker's pro-child-marriage stance.

Read the transcripts, folks. Calling women whores and pigs is the least of it. Not only does he defend Warren Jeffs, he defends a teacher who raped a 13 year old boy - because all 13 year old boys want to get laid, and if an adult woman has sex with them it takes the pressure off 13 year old girls, and the reason 35 year old men shouldn't have sex with 13 year old girls is because the girls just take it too seriously. And at one point he says he's turned on at the thought of young teenage girls doing some same sex experimentation as long as it isn't his daughter (who was 14 at the time of these interviews which makes his fixation on young teenage girls having sex even more creepy).

I don't care if he keeps his show (I don't watch it, or anything on Fox) but let's not pretend Tucker is a bastion of decency here.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:28 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is a show called Bubba the Love Sponge, seriously? I thought that was a joke.
It's the stage name of the host.

Whenever I hear that name, I think of Hulk Hogan.

The sex tape/clip that leaked out with Hogan and a woman (via Gawker, IIRC) was of Hogan and Bubba the Love Sponge's real life wife.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
He has stated he wont apologize. I suspect even Fox has some limits, the question for me is....fired now, or after people organize pressure on advertisers.

Tucker Carlsons comments wouldn't matter to me if he apologized for them. But the refusal too? Indicates they still represent his current views.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:29 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Carlson was in full on provocateur mode in that discussion, but I don’t agree that his comments mean that he’s done. As someone already pointed out, what really matters is ad revenue. If the advertisers stay, Carlson will survive. To be clear, I find him completely obnoxious, but if FOX thinks they can ride this out with their advertising dollars intact, he’ll be right back on air tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:30 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Apparently there's no procedure in place to remove the elected Governor, I doubt Carlson enjoys similar protection.
His Lt Governor has been accused of rape- that's one hell of an insurance policy against someone kicking you out... I know some who say the same about Trump-Pence- they would never wish for Trump to leave because Pence is so much more socially conservative.

Dumb/Racist vs racist, collusion vs social policies from the middle ages, Reid vs Carlson, Trump vs Clinton, King vs Omar... I think we are officially going to hell in adjourning hand baskets.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:32 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
If advertisers leave hes done. If they stay so does he.

DING! DING! DING! We have a Winnah!

Follow the $$$, the content means little if anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media