Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 09:09 PM

2,774 posts, read 903,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
CNN just lost their ways over the years. Once a very credible news channel as well. I think when Fox started doing better than CNN, they gave up on conservative viewers and started focusing on the left. MSNBC completely caught them off guard and took most of their left viewers and that's what CNN is trying to get back now. I think CNN is on really shaky ground as many viewers just watch out of habit. They've been watching for years now. Similar to people that continually watch the Simpsons all these years even after the show went downhill a long time ago.
I think a bulk of their "viewership" are all the TVs that have at airport terminals, that CNN pays to have there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 09:18 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I refuse to watch or listen to ANY talking head. Any of them.

If I want to listen to a particular interview on NPR or POTUS (Julie Mason), I may do that for a few minutes in the car, but this paid talking head thing is just too much.

It's become a revolving door for political payoffs - look at the Hucksters.....millionaires paid by Fox News Billionaires. You could make a comedy show about it.

Back when I enjoyed a big of Hairball because Chris is a fellow Philly boy and we have the same attitude....that is, "out with it - what are you really saying?".

Keith Olbermann was entertaining in a certain comic way (The Sarah Palin Turkey thing was funny). I watched Maddow about 5 times when she started because she is from our town and a pretty typical "Happy Valley" (western MA) intellectual.

But that's it. We don't even get cable any longer....so when the election comes near I'll just watch some stuff on the web.

Those shows are really nothing but another form of Reality TV.
Maddow may still have a house in Western MA and live there for part of the year, but Maddow isn't from Western MA.

Maddow is from my hometown metro area. She was born and raised in Castro Valley, CA (SF Bay Area).

Old 08-26-2019, 09:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status...814848/photo/1

When you are suddenly the most credible person in media
No Wonder!

Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
It is more to do with people experiencing "burn out" from all the bad news caused by this administration.

Fox viewers feed off it.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:53 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
It is more to do with people experiencing "burn out" from all the bad news caused by this administration.

Fox viewers feed off it.

What bad news exactly? Is it the lowest unemployment rate for minorities in US history? Perhaps you considered tax cuts for hard working Americans to be bad? Do you happen to do a lot of business in commie China?

Old 08-27-2019, 11:24 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What bad news exactly? Is it the lowest unemployment rate for minorities in US history? Perhaps you considered tax cuts for hard working Americans to be bad? Do you happen to do a lot of business in commie China?
This for starters,

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...und-the-world/

Good leaders would not tear up the Treaty. The world is always changing and the Constitution was written knowing it would need to be modified at some point, we should modify with our treaties. Putin and Trump will leave at some point the U.S. and Russia will continue on.

The world will always be at a stand off, tearing up progress is a lot easier than making progress. Trump is good at leaving everyone else holding the bag.

CNN ratings are falling because of the disastrous news everyday.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:38 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
CNN stinks worse than the overflowing sewers in Skid Row LA..

Old 08-27-2019, 02:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Maddow may still have a house in Western MA and live there for part of the year, but Maddow isn't from Western MA.

Maddow is from my hometown metro area. She was born and raised in Castro Valley, CA (SF Bay Area).
Thanks for the correction!

Yeah, she probably came to Happy Valley because it's happy.....that is, it is the center of the L world universe.......

She was one of the local shows....in Northampton. Down home woman who has zero air of celebrity......

I like to say Northampton is the "Berkeley of the East"....

Now they are going to ruin it because they won't set any limit on the number of pot shops on Main Street.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Keep hope alive, conservatives. CNN isn't going anywhere.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:30 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
50. What does that have to do with anything?

Are you trying to say that they haven’t made a hard left turn? That they have always been completely one sided?

Maybe I should be asking you how old YOU are.
"50. What does that have to do with anything?"

Plenty. You are too young to remember how bad CNN was and how much they covered for the clinton's which is WHY there were called the Clinton News Network.

Quote: Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD
I agree with Mathguy. CNN leaned left but they were much more middle of the road than they are now.

" CNN leaned left but they were much more middle of the road than they are now." They have ALWAYS leaned FAR left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media