Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 AM

278 posts, read 993,583 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite restaurant where you eat most of the time?

And where is it?

If the restaurant isn't well known, describe the type of food they serve.

I really like Moe's. They serve big burritos and nachos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM

22 posts, read 52,856 times
Blue Fish is our number one spot, in the Cooper/Young area. Fresh fish and seafood you just can't get anywhere else in the city. But what keeps me going back is the top notch service. They make you feel like a VIP, in a local family owned business sort of way.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 PM

3,371 posts, read 13,383,066 times
Blue Fish closed a while ago. It's now a restaurant called The Reef.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmarkoa View Post
Blue Fish is our number one spot, in the Cooper/Young area. Fresh fish and seafood you just can't get anywhere else in the city. But what keeps me going back is the top notch service. They make you feel like a VIP, in a local family owned business sort of way.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 PM

22 posts, read 52,856 times
Yeah, thanks for the correction, I'm gettin' old.

The Reef has kept all its character from the previous owner, lowered the prices, and continues to experiment with new menu specials; all this while raising the standard for service. Also, the new owner has retained the connections to the supply of the "Deadliest Catch" Alaskan King Crab, and they are quite a rare treat!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 PM

7 posts, read 45,370 times
Bistro Thai (Cordova): Thai food. The drunken noodles are so good.
Sekisui - almost all of them are good. I don't think I've been to a horrible one, but the Bartlett one isn't that great.
Celtic Crossing (Cooper/Young area) - brunch there is pretty good
Brother Junipers (UofM area) - best breakfast I've ever had
Pho Saigon (Near Amro on Poplar) - Vietnamese - everything I've had there is great. Their peanut sauce is the stuff dreams are made of.
Ghengis Grill (Wolfchase) is pretty decent. Mongolian BBQ style of place. Lots of choices for proteins and veggies and sauces. Seating is a little cramped.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Good to hear!

Quote:

The Reef has kept all its character from the previous owner, lowered the prices, and continues to experiment with new menu specials; all this while raising the standard for service. Also, the new owner has retained the connections to the supply of the "Deadliest Catch" Alaskan King Crab, and they are quite a rare treat!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:30 PM

45 posts, read 111,228 times
Default Seafood?

Quote:

Seafood? Did someone say seafood? Anyone know where I can get a nice giant steaming pot of mussels, with pommes frites and a good Belgian beer? I've been going through serious withdrawals since I've moved. Alas, I didn't see mussels on the Reef's menu.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM

Tsunami (block down from The Reef) seems to have mussels on their dinner menu.

Tsunami Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBoundNYer View Post
Seafood? Did someone say seafood? Anyone know where I can get a nice giant steaming pot of mussels, with pommes frites and a good Belgian beer? I've been going through serious withdrawals since I've moved. Alas, I didn't see mussels on the Reef's menu.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 PM

The Cooper Young area has some great choices for food and drinks:

Tsunami - Tsunami Restaurant
Au Fond Farmtable - Home
Grace - Grace Memphis (http://www.bvrestaurants.com/home.html - broken link)
Sweet Grass - About (http://www.sweetgrassmemphis.com/About.html - broken link)
Young Ave Deli - Young Avenue Deli :: Main
Cafe Ole - Welcome to Cafe Ole!
Do - dō | sushi + noodles
Beauty Shop - Beauty Shop
The Reef - (seafood)
Soulfish - Soul Fish Cafe | Southern. Bona Fide. | Memphis & Germantown TN
Celtic Crossing - Celtic Crossing Memphis: Memphis Most Popular Pub
Jasmine - (thai and vegetarian)

Old 11-01-2010, 07:41 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Silver Caboose on Collierville square. Open for lunch 7 days a week and Friday evenings. Very good traditional American food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis